• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'd be more OK with it if the tree huggers didn't think they were saving the world by forcing it on us. I mean, it is a good idea to be less wasteful of resources and to reduce litter. Just don't care for their claimed moral superiority and general smugness. I have found Texans to be very friendly and cool. Austinites on the other hand just seem stressed out, uptight and I don't know...lost? They need to go back to Cali!

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I thought you were required to have a bag to live in Austin...of weed.:p Seriously though, at the end of the day, it's not a bad thing for the environment and may encourage vendors to either forego the expense or provide paper or re-usable bags. However, it should not be forced on people, that part is stupid.

ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    They not enforcing this on the pot dealers? Just saying...

LOL!

But seriously, I think its stupid for force on to people, but at the same time there are many instances where a bag just isnt necessary. Most the time I am grabbing one or two things and leaving, I can carry it out in my hands no need for a bag.

Simple policy update on part of the grocery stores would fix this.. e.g. if the customer can carry the items to the register they dont need to automatically be given a plastic bag.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I turn down the bag almost every morning at the gas station cept when I need a new one to put trash in.

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    I think the other issue was that bags don't get recycled and end up floating in the pacific as part of that "bigger than Texas" floating island that's killing the ocean. But whatever. I used bags most of the time already because I was tired of being given three plastic bags for six things. I don't like the ban, but I'm not appalled.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Fill up a paper bag with dog poop and leave it a city hall. After all you have to clean up after your dog during a walk right? So they gave you some shit give them some back. Include a note about the law.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I think the other issue was that bags don't get recycled and end up floating in the pacific as part of that "bigger than Texas" floating island that's killing the ocean. But whatever. I used bags most of the time already because I was tired of being given three plastic bags for six things. I don't like the ban, but I'm not appalled.

It's not killing the ocean...

And paper bags cost 10 times what a plastic bag costs...

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Believe there is a city ordinance now that demands restaurants compost their waste by 2016. Its really frightening. These things that "sound" like reasonable and good ideas to "save" the environment open the door for the government to dictate any aspect of how a business runs. Liberals are children and the conservatives need to take their matches back before the house burns down.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Paper bags kill trees and look just as ugly blowing around. I live close enough to the city limits of Austin to shop outside of Austin to avoid the dang paper bag / fee. They lose my tax dollars.

Plastic bags were always reused in my house between the litterbox and bagging up trash for the can.

Another case of not enforcing laws already on the books and making everyone else suffer in the process.

Exactly nobody makes bags truly small enough for those tiny bathroom trash cans. So glad I moved out of Austin and up to Hutto.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gearhead_Gunsmith
    Top Bottom