• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I feel like you're both beating on straw arguments the other side didn't actually make.
    You have posted an answer. The mechanics of it seem unsound. It's not like firing a shot is a magic wish fullfiller because no, getting shot doesn't make the driver take his foot off the gas and put the car into park. You now have a car that's out of control.

Were you legally justified to fire at a car? Maybe? Same way you're legally justified to cross an intersection where your light is green. Doesn't magically stop the 18wheeler running the red light from smooshing you.

And I never said it did. This whole thing started because Renegade stated police should hesitate shooting into a car and he feels that is a bad tactic. Then he and now you start playing what if scenarios. He wanted a story, I gave him one. So I will pose the same questions to you, how about you'll answer them? Since we like what if scenarios how about this - Mrs. Renegade is standing in front of the neighbors car because he just pulled up after speeding down the street. An argument ensues and neighbor begins to drive forward to run her over. Renegade has come out now armed and can take a shot but doesn't because well he won't stop the car. Ms Renegade can't move in time and gets run over. He puts it in reverse to run over again. Still don't take a shot because well it won't stop the car.

You'll act like everyone is a ninja and can just sidestep 24in to get away. If that was the case, why are MV assaults so popular now with terrorism? You mention "magic" twice. You do know a handgun is a poor fight stopper. Why shoot anyone at all? It's not like the bullet is a magic wish fulfiller.

As far as "maybe" it is justified, BS. It is or it isn't. I have no idea what went thru the officer's mind when he shot into that car. He told his side and the jury didn't believe it. I stand by my earlier statement about how this is bad for police and citizens who use force regardless of whether the Balch Springs officer was justified or not or in your case, maybe justified. Hell the DA was crowing about the conviction and how it sets a precedent. Sadly, I have to say she is correct. Just like the BART Officer a couple years ago who killed the guy and he stated he thought he was going for his taser. A use of force situation is not as cut and dry as some of you "magically" wish it to be.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    It’s unfortunate someone in the damn nursing home apparently shot a gun at that time (I never did see anything more in the news about that investigation!).

Yeah isn't that something? I really haven't paid much attention to the story but you would think some investigators from the PD or a PI for the defense would have looked into it and we would know more.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Both were a travesty! Big gov trying to see just how far they could go. I never thought I would see the day that our government would do shit like that to citizens of this great nation!

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Think Clinton was Pres both times. Have no idea what tha hell you're talking about.

Ruby Ridge: August 21–31, 1992
    Waco siege: February 28 – April 19, 1993, although the ATF opened the formal investigation that led to the siege on June 9, 1992 after being called by Chief Deputy Daniel Weyenberg of the McLennan County Sheriff's Department in May.

Bill Clinton was in office January 20, 1993 – January 20, 2001.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    And I never said it did. This whole thing started because Renegade stated police should hesitate shooting into a car and he feels that is a bad tactic. Then he and now you start playing what if scenarios. He wanted a story, I gave him one. So I will pose the same questions to you, how about you'll answer them? Since we like what if scenarios how about this - Mrs. Renegade is standing in front of the neighbors car because he just pulled up after speeding down the street. An argument ensues and neighbor begins to drive forward to run her over. Renegade has come out now armed and can take a shot but doesn't because well he won't stop the car. Ms Renegade can't move in time and gets run over. He puts it in reverse to run over again. Still don't take a shot because well it won't stop the car.

I don't know Mrs. Renegade. She's on her own :P

You'll act like everyone is a ninja and can just sidestep 24in to get away.

Hell man, that one time I was sawing off tree limbs hanging into the power lines after one of the hurricanes, and that one tree started falling towards me, I jumped 3 feet up and 6 yards back while throwing the chainsaw 12 yards the other way. Everybody saw, LOL!

If that was the case, why are MV assaults so popular now with terrorism? You mention "magic" twice. You do know a handgun is a poor fight stopper. Why shoot anyone at all? It's not like the bullet is a magic wish fulfiller.

Physics and physiology are things, you know. Especially this whole thing about objects in motion staying in motion, i.e. inertia. Physiology, somebody posted a study by the FBI here the other day which among other things agrees with you. People who get shot often fall down only because they rationally think they should. Explains why people either unaware of that "expectation" (Moro warriors) or people not in a rational mindset (drugged to the gills) need to be shot at until incapacitated.

Shooting at a car... well you better have a .50 BMG or some mortar rounds to stop it physically.

As far as "maybe" it is justified, BS. It is or it isn't. I have no idea what went thru the officer's mind when he shot into that car.

That was me throwing you a bone, silly; because I didn't feel like arguing THAT point, whether it was legally justified or not. The jury already did that anyway.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    So, a demoncrap was NOT President when Waco incident occurred?

Clinton WAS President during the Waco siege and its conclusion, but the entire stage had been set up before him and before he even had the time/occasion to set up anything.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    LOL! I call bullshit on that! He knew what was happening! It was his bull-dyke attorney that APPROVED the attack. How do you figure ol "slick" didn't know about it??

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Damn, man, I'm GLAD I sound like those guys! I guess I just don't understand your reasoning on this. Were you FOR the government killing these American citizens? Just because they were different from you? That's a slippery slope to go down! It might be your family next time. There was NO reason for that attack except for the old dyke to try and show Clinton she had a pair!

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    By the way, Lon Horiuchi, the sniper that killed Randy Weavers wife at Ruby Ridge was at Waco, too. That son of a bitch has bounty's on his worthless ass from several different organizations!

Top Bottom