DK Firearms

Bald Eagles nesting 3 eggs, expected to hatch SOON - Big Bear Cali - live webcam links

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX

There are three eggs expected to hatch very soon.
    You didn't have other plans, did you? ;)

EDIT to add 2nd view.

It's official, I'm mesmerized!

I've linked to Cam1 (&2) many times today and there she sat, huddled over her eggs while homeboy was out doing who knows what but never seen. :p

Truthfully I've been watching as the sun set and more than surprised he's not home but maybe the wind is too much to land, IDK. She cackled quite a bit and looked around/overhead about 1hr ago as if something was approaching but still she's alone.

I believe their tree is ENE of here.

DK Firearms

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Over the past several years I've seen individual Eagles many times and once saw a pair perched together.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    We had a nesting pair in Dallas by White Rock lake. Unfortunately a storm blew their janky nest out the tree they moved on. They are beautiful majestic birds.
    The two are still in that area and seen periodically. Not sure if they're nesting but we've seen them together a few times in the north end of the lake. Twice they were simply perched together in the median on Mockingbird on top of light poles.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    The two are still in that area and seen periodically. Not sure if they're nesting but we've seen them together a few times in the north end of the lake. Twice they were simply perched together in the median on Mockingbird on top of light poles.
    That's good that they are sticking around. When I was younger spent a lot of time at White Rock lake haven't been over there in a long time.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    It's official, I'm mesmerized!

I've linked to Cam1 (&2) many times today and there she sat, huddled over her eggs while homeboy was out doing who knows what but never seen. :p

Truthfully I've been watching as the sun set and more than surprised he's not home but maybe the wind is too much to land, IDK. She cackled quite a bit and looked around/overhead about 1hr ago as if something was approaching but still she's alone.

I believe their tree is ENE of here.

Thanks for the link!

Here is another you might enjoy...

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    1709415893941.png

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Looks like a rough day today

Thanks for the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    We have them in Spring, TX. I've seen them numerous times over the last several years flying up and down Spring Creek while on the greenway by Carter park.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    We had a nesting pair in Dallas by White Rock lake. Unfortunately a storm blew their janky nest out the tree they moved on. They are beautiful majestic birds.
    Janky? They must have been newlyweds. ;)

What is the size of a Bald Eagle nest?​

Most nests are about 6 feet across at the top, if not larger. With two adult eagles and one, two, or sometimes three young in the nest, it can get pretty crowded. Especially when you consider that as the nestlings approach fledging age, their wingspan is six feet or more, taking up most of the nest. Nests can get very deep—one was recorded in Florida that was 22 feet deep!—because most pairs add sticks to the same nest each year, and use them for many years.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    That's good that they are sticking around. When I was younger spent a lot of time at White Rock lake haven't been over there in a long time.
    DD, been here at the lake area entire life (75 now). Dad taught us 4 kids how to fish by breaking off limbs along the shore and tying on bobbers and hooks. When he made more $$ we got cane poles then eventually Zebco rods and reels from K-Mart. Folks used to leave their wooden rowboats in the water tied up to a tree. Us teenagers would borrow them and used a 2x4 as an oar and always returned to the tree. Imagine that today. When those same teenagers began driving with dates, the lake was a natural "parking spot". There was a longtime hole in the wall grocer by the lake named Dougs that sold fish bait, cigs and cigars, beer and his signature greasy BBQ sandwiches for $ 99 cents each. We could squeeze them like a sponge and watch all the grease pour out. A day fishing at White Rock Lake required worms/minnows, a 6-pack of cheap beer and sackful of BBQ sandwiches. Btw, back when Bill Clinton's brother got married by the lake, the Secret Service visited Doug and loaded up on his famous cheap BBQ...

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Janky? They must have been newlyweds. ;)

What is the size of a Bald Eagle nest?​

Most nests are about 6 feet across at the top, if not larger. With two adult eagles and one, two, or sometimes three young in the nest, it can get pretty crowded. Especially when you consider that as the nestlings approach fledging age, their wingspan is six feet or more, taking up most of the nest. Nests can get very deep—one was recorded in Florida that was 22 feet deep!—because most pairs add sticks to the same nest each year, and use them for many years.

If I remember correctly it was only janky because of the tree and how they placed it. It ended up falling out of the tree with eggs in it.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    I checked in earlier just as Jackie let out 2-4 short, low volume calls and Shadow arrived within 15 seconds, literally. He's being a good dad.

Top Bottom