• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I worked at an airport 1988 in the Texas panhandle. We had a contract with the .mil to fill their helicopters and I was a lineman. Our jet fuel was in an above ground tank. One day I hear a blackhawk coming in and go out to wave it in. Darn thing looks like it's going to land on top of the jet fuel tank. I take off running away from what looks to be a crash. Guy parks the thing with rotors 3 feet away from the tank and I stop running and don't go back till things wind down. They got a good laugh at me but I'd never seen anyone land so close.

The hose to the fuel tank was about 25 feet long. Most pilots plane\copter parked a ways away from the tank and I'd run the hose out to them.

Side note I'd get cars in all the time to get the high octane av gas. I convinced one guy that jet fuel would run even faster... Ended up having a good laugh but filling his can with av gas anyway.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I worked at an airport 1988 in the Texas panhandle. We had a contract with the .mil to fill their helicopters and I was a lineman. Our jet fuel was in an above ground tank. One day I hear a blackhawk coming in and go out to wave it in. Darn thing looks like it's going to land on top of the jet fuel tank. I take off running away from what looks to be a crash. Guy parks the thing with rotors 3 feet away from the tank and I stop running and don't go back till things wind down. They got a good laugh at me but I'd never seen anyone land so close.

The hose to the fuel tank was about 25 feet long. Most pilots plane\copter parked a ways away from the tank and I'd run the hose out to them.

Side note I'd get cars in all the time to get the high octane av gas. I convinced one guy that jet fuel would run even faster... Ended up having a good laugh but filling his can with av gas anyway.

I'm glad he didn't fill up with jet fuel. He would have had to have his tank drained and the engine opened up and flushed out.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've always loved helicopters. Planes are cool in their own way, but just something about helicopters that is just too cool.

Top Bottom