• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Yes, LOL, I read that as well, but with its being so vague in the wording, I still cannot come to a conclusion on the legality of when it is allowed to open carry. **sighs** guess I will just abide by the laws that are clearly started to keep my butt out of a bind. I think it all boils down on how good of a mood the law enforcement official who questions your carry method on how things will end up...

Thanks Again TxI...

BG

Burt, it is 100% clear. Unless the code states the handgun must be concealed or in plain view, then either is lawful.

On your own premises; ANY carry is legal

In your car; MUST not be in plain view

As a guard; MUST be in plain view

As a armed bodyguard in plainclothes; must be concealed

All others; either is legal.

My art skills are bad or I would draw a picture ;)
    DK Firearms

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    I cannot say this enough... You rock! Maybe its the fact that the most intelligent conversations I have here lately are with my four year old son and that may have dulled my ability to interpret the terminology. Wow Wow Wubbzy and The Upside Down Show may have something else to do with it. LOL as said before, thank you for your time and assistance TxI.

BG

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I cannot say this enough... You rock! Maybe its the fact that the most intelligent conversations I have here lately are with my four year old son and that may have dulled my ability to interpret the terminology. Wow Wow Wubbzy and The Upside Down Show may have something else to do with it. LOL as said before, thank you for your time and assistance TxI.

BG

You are welcome Burt.

Speaking of 4 year olds..... do ya'll watch teletubbies? My daughter LOVED that show when she was that age.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    I honestly hate correcting people, especially someone who has been such a great help... But the name is Burk, as in Burkburnett, TX... LOL And no, I do not watch Teletubbies, at least not anymore. Everytime that I watched it, I couldnt help but notice that one of them seemed to have a, uhmmmm, how can I say this, uhmmmm, a sexual aid, sticking out of her head. So, negative on the Teletubbies. We still have a few VHS tapes from when the girls were that age, but now they are, OMG, 15 as of yesterday and 10. LOL My son and I watched Noggin until they changed it to Nick Jr. Those guys seem to have their hands into everything kids. I think they even have a Nick Jr. Velcro Suit/Wall combination so you can stick the kids to the wall and they can enjoy their favorite shows and while 'hanging around'. Great for when you have chores around the house. But I try to spend alot of time with my kids, especially after working nights for three years. You miss alot when youre not around. But enough of that... :) Thank again TxI!

BG

Cyberlink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington
    Nice writeup! Let me through a little wrinkle into it and see if anyone has a comment.
    Check this out.

Sec. 46.01. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](3) "Firearm" means any device designed, made, or adapted to expel a projectile through a barrel by using the energy generated by an explosion or burning substance or any device readily convertible to that use. Firearm does not include a firearm that may have, as an integral part, a folding knife blade or other characteristics of weapons made illegal by this chapter and that is:
    (A) an antique or curio firearm manufactured before 1899; or
    (B) a replica of an antique or curio firearm manufactured before 1899, but only if the replica does not use rim fire or center fire ammunition.
    (4) "Firearm silencer" means any device designed, made, or adapted to muffle the report of a firearm.
    (5) "Handgun" means any firearm that is designed, made, or adapted to be fired with one hand.
    [/FONT]

So, if I am reading this correctly I can put my 1861 Navy Revolver on my hip with a silencer and head down to the local bar for a drink.

:>

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You cannot suppress a revolver, but if you want to destroy your antique by threading the barrel, knock yourself out.

Yes, I know you were tongue in cheek. Me too.

Cyberlink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington
    Ya, the whole suppressor was tongue in cheek, Did not know that you could not suppress a revolver. Still section B

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](B) a replica of an antique or curio firearm manufactured before 1899

Replicas of the 1861 revolvers are only about 200$ could be fun to carry it around town on my hip ;)
    [/FONT]

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Good stuff, especially with those new or not familiar with our laws.

Comment, just a comment, what about adding the history or background with the laws? Like, why not carry at churches or hospitals? I've wondered how these laws originated, just like the Black Panthers bringing in their guns into a government building back in the 60's...etc.

The definitive history is:

http://www.stephenhalbrook.com/law_review_articles/texas.PDF

As for carry at churches & hospitals, the first versions of the CHL law gave in to many anti-gun concerns in order to get it passed. Over time many of them have been repealed.

Top Bottom