• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Quite a zoo there around 4pm...Somebody was silly enough to return a 1600 rnd box of Mini-Mags...It followed me home ;) Lots of OK prices on 22lr ammo...nothing worth fighting over.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Quite a zoo there around 4pm...Somebody was silly enough to return a 1600 rnd box of Mini-Mags...It followed me home ;) Lots of OK prices on 22lr ammo...nothing worth fighting over.
    This is my experience also. I visited a different BP location and they had a pile of .22 ammo but it wasn't competitive with WM or Academy. Maybe a cent or two a round more. Not bad prices, but not good enough for me to grab any.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    And a young lady was hauling a flat-bread pizza-looking thing through the store...smelled GREAT!!! If I were single and 30 years younger, I might have kept following her ;)
    I guess it might not hurt to stop by the restaurant at some point. :)

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I'm going to make a trip down there this week after work or during work and scope it out. My wife applied there and never got a call back. Was hoping she could get in there. She needs a damn job.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Just grabbed a couple thousand .22 and a soft case for momma's 10/22.
    Not a bad crowd really.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    IMAG1111.jpg

heh
    not a bad couple of days.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I got about 3000 rounds of .22 so no need for me to go there and buy any. I just need some bulk .45 Federal HSTs to run through this new 1911.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Bought a couple boxes of Hornady .22 Magnum. Their Ruger New Vaquero was priced at $699 (I paid $572 at Bud's), and the sales clerk said "there isn't a Colt in the house" when asked.

Gander Mountain has a better selection of guns, but just as pricey.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I went with Jess last night. I found where all the .22 has disappeared to! They have a CRAZY amount of .22 there! If I didn't already have 3,000 rnds and only a bolt action to go through it all, I would have been all over it.

I picked up a barrel squeegee though. Supposedly it removes the need for rags. I can see it possibly working for my smooth barrel 12ga, but I'm skeptical about it working on a rifle.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I went there today. The mass amount of people alone had me pissed but I suffered through it all. No .380 for the wife unless I bought 50 round packs and their prices on ammo arn't even that good, especially for a "Grand Opening". No thanks, I'll stick with Cabella's and Academy. I bought 500 rounds of ammo in .380 and .45 at Academy today for way less than what it would have cost me there, even if they had what I needed in stock. No .45 230 grain HSTs either....

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I went with Jess last night. I found where all the .22 has disappeared to!
    No kidding! I was there last night as well and they were putting pallets of Federal Automatch and CCI chootems out. Prices were better than Gander Mtn, but not as good as Walmart or Academy. I think Cabelas is bigger with a better selection of stuff, but this is a lot closer to me. I want my house to look like their foyer :laughing:

Top Bottom