• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Found a newly opened gun store in the LaPorte/Deer Park area.

Battleground Firearms | Guns Pasadena | Guns For Sale

2607 Underwood Rd
    La Porte, TX 77571
    281-799-1450

It is located in the small strip shopping center just north of the intersection of Underwood and Spencer Hwy, (right past Gringos Mexican restaurant).

They are a NFA stocking dealer. Saw some AAC and other brands of suppressors in stock.

$20 gun transfers.

NFA transfers, depends, quoted $100 for a suppressor transfer :(

Seems to lean a bit toward the more tactical than hunting gear in what they had in stock.

Looked like they had a good supply of every MagPul item ever made.

Did not get that typical 'gun store guy' attitude, seems to have a knowledgeable and laid back staff.

Was surprised to see a .45 ACP HiPoint pistol with a EOTech sight mounted on display...................(but will not hold that against them thinking it was more of a joke and they had only one on display.)

Had some Benchmade and other brands of knives.

Good selection of Geissel and CMC triggers. Really liked the display that allowed you to check the trigger pull on 3 different CMC drop in triggers.

Basic selection of ammo, did not check prices.

Other general observations. Pretty busy when I was there, gun sale in progress and 5 customers in the store at about 15 minutes after opening.
    Clean and well organized store. Moderately good prices, not as high as some gun stores. Seems to be good folks running and working there. Love the regular gun transfer fee, best in that area for a storefront. Jury out on NFA fees. Thought the $13.95 they were asking for PMags was not bad for a gun store.

I hope they do well, good to have another store in that area.

Contact-Us.jpg

Gun-Accessories.jpg

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Hope they put in some vehicle repellent out front, before some jack-hole backs a pick-up in the front door.

Yeah I think you are right on that. Maybe if someone is out that way soon they can point it out to them. And remind them of the recent robberies in Baytown and other parts of town where they use that method to rob gun stores.

TXDeer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2014
    Conroe
    A genuine concern for any new firearm store opening these days where you want them to make good...

Is that a storm (harden) shutter on the windows right of the door? Maybe there is one on the inside for the left side due to the door? Absolutely need vertical poles (metal/concrete) across the front...

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Ok visited them this weekend, and noticed a interesting pistol in the showcase that might interest some.

I know it has been discussed on the forum before, and I should have asked to inspect it, but was in a hurry and did not look real close at it. But that just gives others the opportunity to do so.

Arsenal_AF2011-A1_side1.jpg

Top Bottom