• ...and so much more!
  • acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Howdy folks,

Just got this email from the club and I'm posting it here incase anyone is interested...

On Sunday, August 28 at 8:00 PM the club will open the waiting list for persons who want to become members. The waiting list will be closed when 75 persons sign up. Please know that previously it took 30 minutes for 75 persons to get on the waiting list. To sign up and apply for membership, in the black ribbon click the button, “Apply for Membership”, fill out completely the electronic application and save your profile. You are responsible for creating and saving your profile.

After you create and save your profile you can then confirm you have successfully signed up on the waiting list by logging into your account with the email address and password you selected in the application process. If you cannot login to your account, you are not on the waiting list.

The next scheduled orientation is on September 17. Once you have created a profile, please send an e-mail to membership@bayourifles.org and let us know whether or not you can attend the September 17 orientation, and if you inform us that you can attend, we will reply with an invitation with complete information.

If you have any questions about becoming a member after you have made application, email membership@bayourifles.org. The membership director will not respond to general information requests during this time.
    Military Camp

Last edited:

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Thanks Allen! Any idea what their rules are on the pistol side of the house? I'd like to know what I can and can't do before taking a spot on the waiting list.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Most of the pistol stuff is covered here: #26

You may have to read through a few pages to get everything covered.

If you have more questions I'll answer them as best as I can.

dtownmj

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Houston, TX
    thank you.

Do you have to be an nra member to join bayou?

and can you bring a guest each time you go?

steel ammo ok?

guessing its brings your own targets lol

Last edited:

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    thank you.

Do you have to be an nra member to join bayou?

No, you do not.

and can you bring a guest each time you go?

Yes, you can.

steel ammo ok?

Yes, but you must pick up all your casings no matter what/where you shoot.

guessing its brings your own targets lol

Yes, there is orange construction netting on most target frames except the steel silhouette ranges, just bring your targets and something to clamp them on like clothes pins or spring clamps.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Thread revival...

Just got word from the club that the membership waiting list will be opening up March 4th at 8:00pm.

It usually takes about 15 minutes to fill up all the open slots (usually around 200 or so), so don't dilly-dally if you want to get in.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Glad to see you post this. I just read the email and was about to start a thread.

Let me re-state for the folks who didn't read Allen's post closely enough: If you want in, you had better be sitting at your computer, refreshing the page every 10 seconds, on March 4th at 8PM.

If you're 20 minutes late, you're likely SOL.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    The only question I've got is how long is the application? Or rather, how does it take to fill out? I'd hate to have it be the case that the link goes live, you get the application; however, you get beat out because the application form is long/complicated/whatever and being a slow typist becomes a handicap. (serious question, not being a smart ass here)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The only question I've got is how long is the application?
    It's been so many years that I don't remember, exactly. My impression was that it was very short - basic info about who you are, email, and perhaps a section where you tick off your interests (type of shooting you like) and special qualifications (e.g. Are you a certified RSO?).

I believe it's rather quick to fill out and submit. The most critical thing is providing an email address. All club communications are online, chiefly by email. As of the last newsletter, the entire club had just 7 members who didn't use computers and the official attitude was that they needed to go to a local library and get an email account.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Put reminders on both my phone and computer. Probably going to put one on Mrs. Rebel's phone too...

heritagejl

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2017
    Filed mine at 8:01 and got a positive response. Hope everyone else got lucky as well.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Not surprised. Did you get in?

I have two friends, one from work and a new friend that has been coming to the smallbore silhouette matches, that both messaged me tonight to let me know they got in.

Nope. Happened to be out and in an area with poor signal. 8:14 was when I could reliably get the website to load, and it was already too late.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Nope. Happened to be out and in an area with poor signal. 8:14 was when I could reliably get the website to load, and it was already too late.

Don't fret, there's usually a second round of openings after the first batch get passed/rejected in order to fill the remaining slots. Keep an eye out for a announcement toward the end of the month or early April.

Top Bottom