• ...and so much more!
  • bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Granbury, TX "South Ft.Worth"
    Someone asked me a question I was a little unsure of:

I can carry a bb Gun any way I want right? Concealed or open, holstered or not.

I do believe a bb gun is not classified as a firearm however I believe it would just piss off the cops but thats it. SInce its not a firearm there cant be a charge related to a weapon, correct? Its not a deadly weapon! The person that asked was referring to basically only carrying it, NOT GOING AROUND SHOOTING IN THE CITY. That would prpobably be a different offense imo.
    Target Sports

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    There is no state law against it, but why would you carry one around? Sounds silly and a good way to find yourself stating down the business end of a LEOs REAL gun.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    To the OP, BB guns can be very deadly.

Outside of that, legal or not it's asking for trouble. I recall an incident involving a BB gun in a school which resulted in a dead kid...of course that was an extreme situation.

I wouldn't reccomend walking around with a BB gun strapped to your hip, I'm sure they could find something to charge you for. Even if it didn't stick it would be alot of head aches.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    I had contacted a kid carrying a BBQ gun. I initially contacted him because he was tagging.....while searching him, he had a BBQ gun tucked in the front of his pants, wannabe gangster style....he made a bad choice in flinching when i felt the pistol.

Why would you want to carry a BBQ gun when, according to your other thread, you have a Chl or just got it? I don't see a benefit to carrying it as a grown man unless you just want to PISS off whatever you hit.....or plan on popping birds for dinner, lol.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I had contacted a kid carrying a BBQ gun. I initially contacted him because he was tagging.....while searching him, he had a BBQ gun tucked in the front of his pants, wannabe gangster style....he made a bad choice in flinching when i felt the pistol.

Why would you want to carry a BBQ gun when, according to your other thread, you have a Chl or just got it? I don't see a benefit to carrying it as a grown man unless you just want to PISS off whatever you hit.....or plan on popping birds for dinner, lol.

Ok, I could see this happening maybe once, but 3 times, lmao!!

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    BB gun was carried prior to CHl as some other sort of protection if mace didnt deter the animal. Once your attacted you will bring whatever you can fit on your person incase it happens again. I will remember that day for the rest of my life and hope it never happens again.

YOUNGGUN: How can a BB gun be a deadly weapon besides scaring someone and them having a heartattack

BTW: I no longer carry it, I carry the keltec and would try to subdoe the dog like it did prior before shooting it

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Alot of the new CO2 powered pistols can have a surprisingly high velocity. A lucky/or unlucky shot could kill if it hits the right spot. Not saying thats what I want in a gun fight but they deserve the same respect as you would give your higher powered alternatives.

bagged02

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    you would think it being a deadly weapon you would have to be of age to buy/use. What do boys get about age 8. BB gun. also would think the goverment would have their hands all over them with regulations if it was a deadly weapon

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I know a guy who was at Academy Sports looking at knives when he felt a sharp pain in his upper leg. A 14 year old kid had gotten a benjamin pellet rifle, added a pellet and aimed for his butt then pulled the trigger.

They took the pellet out near the skin from the front of his leg. If the pellet had gone into his artery, or nicked it the dr said he could have easily died.

Top Bottom