• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Blue Ox is having a Cyber Monday sale all this week. This is some pretty darn good jerky. Beats the heck out of the Jack Link stuff. I like the Hot and Spicy, Regular Smoked, and the Peppercorn. Tried the hot and sweet too, but it is a little more chewy that the others.

Anyway, they are advertising a 10% off of everything sale. But when you add it to the cart, for some reason, there is another 10% discount added. So, 20% off in reality. At $5.88 for a 4 oz. pack, it's cheaper than the Jack Link, Pemmican, and even the Walmart store brand.

https://blueoxjerky.com/c-4-beef.aspx
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    My favorite stuff comes from the little shop off the highway I'm Johnson City. It's been too long since I've been there.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Some of, if not, the best commercial jerky I've ever had was "Wild Bill's". I've only ever found it up north.

Just found website. Now all I need is credit card that ain't maxed.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    we make our own.
    We have the meat market sell us a London Broil and have it sliced 1/4 inch thick

marinade it with liquid smoke and some other ingredients and put it in the dehydrator for a few hours, take kitchen scissors and cut into strips, wrap it in wax paper and keep it in a plastic tub

you can make it for a lot less per pound and you know whats in it.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    My favorite stuff comes from the little shop off the highway I'm Johnson City. It's been too long since I've been there.

My deer lease is just outside JC and spend a lot of time cruising the mean streets of JC.
    Trying to figure out where this infamous place might be?

Is it Harvest House?

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Mostly make my own, grab whatever big hunk of meat is marked for quick sale at the supermarket. Put it in the freezer until it's almost frozen then run on the meat slicer. Marinate the strips overnight with cure and various spices depending on what I'm in the mood for (jalapeno flavor and teriyaki flavor are my favorites) then into the dehydrator for a while.

Found a new one the other day - Bridgford Sweet Baby Rays. They have a few flavors (all a little sweet for my taste) but it's way better than that Jack Link's garbage.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I've given up on commercial Jerky. Over time, the recipes got too exotic, and the jerky was so dry you had to boil it in water to soften it up.

Pollock's of Texas makes some tasty Jerky, but it is pricey, as is their awesome dried sausage.

Be well.

jamespoole

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Rosenberg
    Junior's in Wharton makes the best jerky imho. Their Bohemian Garlic is my favorite along with their jalapeño cheese survival sticks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Jumior's Smokehouse is the bomb. The following jerky recipe I give you for free:

3lbs of sliced rump roast, london broil, or eye of round 1/4" thick

Marinade:

2 cups of soy sauce
    1/4 cup A1 steak sauce
    1/4 Worestshire sauce
    coarse ground black pepper to taste

marinade sliced meat for 10 min and add pepper to taste

use dehydrator/oven per individual units instructions. Takes 6-8 hours on my Presto and 24 hrs on my Ronco etc.

This recipe will give you one pound of finished jerky.

Top Bottom