• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    So the new doctor wrote an Rx for Diclofenac Sodium Gel that would be over $1K if I didn't have insurance. I paid $10.00 for with my crappy insurance. This stuff works pretty good! If you have arthritis & joint pain get your doctor to write you script for it.

Guns International

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    so, I didn't know what a gimp was so I googled it

7962-33088-3-1000.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Uhhh, I think you took a wrong turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Friend Bonnie and I have been using "Black Cherry Extract" or "Tart Cherry Extract" that we got from Amazon, Walmart and Walgreens. Prices range from $6.75 to $25 depending upon the quantity we buy and where we buy it. It works very well on Gout.

Flash

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Roger,

I have arthritis in both hands and wrists.

How do you take your cherry extracts, that is, how much is a daily dosage?

How long does it take to take effect? Overnight, a few weeks, a few months?

Or, does it work because you believe it does as in a placebo effect?

The prescription medication the OP advises comes with a mountain of potential side effects that are to say the least, frightening.

Cherry extract doesn't come with a ton of contraindications that I'm aware of. Of course, a lot of homeopathic remedies don't do much either in the way of working at pain lessening.

Does the cherry extract work very well, or just a slight lessening of pain or ...?

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    hey, I was an upstanding moral person until I started haning out here!

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I was having really bad joint pain for a while. Turns out it was the Protonix I was taking for reflux. My mom had the same problem so I quit taking it too and itcleared up.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    How do you take your cherry extracts, that is, how much is a daily dosage? The suggested dose is 1-2 per day for normal sized people. I am plus size so I adjust to two in the AM and two around dinner time. Mine are 1200 mg. Bonnie bought 1500mg pills.

How long does it take to take effect? Overnight, a few weeks, a few months?
    A couple of hours. As I state later, experiment and re-up your dose before it runs out.

Or, does it work because you believe it does as in a placebo effect?
    For a variety of reasons, I am not susceptible to placebo effects.

The prescription medication the OP advises comes with a mountain of potential side effects that are to say the least, frightening.
    Absolutely and Bonnie has been totally trashed by medications that were supposed to help her! At one point, her medications almost killed her. My experience in that is less because I refuse to take drugs or use chemicals unless I have no other options.

Cherry extract doesn't come with a ton of contraindications that I'm aware of. Of course, a lot of homeopathic remedies don't do much either in the way of working at pain lessening.
    I take the Cherry pills (double dose) and within a couple of hours, the pain is reduced to minimal levels. That works for several hours and the trick is to to experiment with it to see how long they work, then re-up before they run out of gas.

I didn't like the addition of rice powder in my cherry pills as rice turns directly into sugar. To be honest I haven't noted any problems even though I avoid rice.

I've had terrific results by using magnets. Magnet wraps help in several ways. Whatever the magnets do, it relieves pain. The wrap also keep the sore joint protected and warm. That helps a lot! I'll take those gains!

When all else fails and pain is off the scale, I wire up and use my Tens units. They are wonderful but I just don't like the wire leads connecting to each patch.

Flash

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I have arthritis and just take Mobic (Meloxicam). Its a prescription but 90 pills as a generic cost around $5. It also works great for muscle pains when you over did it the day before. Best drug in the world.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    Cherry helps my gout. The only side effect is mild diahrrea sometimes. I take allopurinol daily, so the cherry is when I feel a little bit of a flair up.

I'm getting some joint pain in my fingers and right shoulder. I think arthuritis may be kicking in. I have found that soft drinks make it worse. I probably need to lose at least 30 lbs as well. I think that would take care of it all if I would just do it.

Top Bottom