• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Thats really badass. I respect the his views. But he's a actor. He has no more authority then any other actor. He job is a modern day form of a court jester.

Now if the people who actually wrote policy. The people who make back room deals with "friends" rather then the right thing. The people that we voted to be in power....

Would stand up like this actor. We'd be better off. The true back to our roots.

Im surprised ,as hell, that the Clinton Broadcasting Service.....ran the article.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Thats really badass. I respect the his views. But he's a actor. He has no more authority then any other actor. He job is a modern day form of a court jester.

Now if the people who actually wrote policy. The people who make back room deals with "friends" rather then the right thing. The people that we voted to be in power....

Im surprised ,as hell, that the Clinton Broadcasting Service.....ran the article.

Stein isn't just an actor. That was a hobby for him. He is actually a scholared financial genius. 10 fold the normal actor's intelligence.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    So he advocates that everyone but crazy people be allowed to carry. Go Ben!

He used to be a speech writer for Nixon in another life...I think.

Also look up "Win Ben Steins Money", he played against any and comers in a Jeapordy like game show, offering his money if you beat him. Jimmy Kimmel was his host for years.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    So he advocates that everyone but crazy people be allowed to carry. Go Ben!

Well, not EXACTLY

Obviously, Sandpoint, Idaho, is a very much calmer place than Chicago, and I'm not saying that people in Chicago should be allowed to just tote guns in their cars the way many can, and do, in North Idaho.

Don't really understand his comment since he seems to be 'pro legal citizen' whether it be guns or otherwise.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston

But how could he possibly say that? I mean if more places had "no guns allowed" signs, there would be less places where criminals could bring guns into, and rob or shoot the place up, right? And if they made it more difficult to buy a gun at a gun store, like increased the waiting period, or something like that, there would be less criminals out there with guns, because a gun store and a NICS background check is the ONLY way to obtain a gun, right? I mean it's not like criminals have some type of "underground market" or something where they sell stolen guns on the street or anything, because that would be just downright illegal, and nobody, not even a criminal, would resort to breaking the law, in order to get a gun to break the law with, right? I just don't get what he means by that. Ha....ok ok, I'm a sarcastic asshole, I'll admit it. But y'all knew that already.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Well, not EXACTLY

Don't really understand his comment since he seems to be 'pro legal citizen' whether it be guns or otherwise.

Yeah what the hell did he mean by that? I'd say it should be just the opposite. He's got friends in high places in Chicago, is what I'm thinking. Is this guy a lib or what? Not sure who he is exactly. I'm not gonna lie, I would not feel the least bit safe traveling to Chicago right now. I live in a city nearly the same damn size with MUCH better gun rights and how often do you hear about law abiding citizens being victimized here, without dishing out some serious punishment to the crooks....less and less every day. Still happens of course, but damn, look at Chicago. And Washington D.C.. Screw both of those places I'm never leaving Houston.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas

Ben Stein is way more than an actor; a modern day court jester to use your words. Earlier in his career he was a speech writer for presidents Ford and Nixon. He was long thought to be the original 'Deep Throat' who brought down the Nixon administration, an accusation that he denied from the beginning. Once the real deep throat outed himself Stein called him out as an enabler of genocide. He knew that Nixon was moving against the Khmer Rouge and at the point that the Watergate scandal happened it put the focus of the nation against the president and allowed mass murder to happen. Here's his quote:

If there is such a thing as karma, if there is such a thing as justice in this life or the next, Mark Felt has bought himself the worst future of any man on this earth. And Bob Woodward is right behind him, with Ben Bradlee bringing up the rear. Out of their smug arrogance and contempt, they hatched the worst nightmare imaginable: genocide

Mark Felt outed himself as being the real 'Deep Throat' and Bob Woodward and Ben Bradlee fell all over their toughs to be the first to break the news.

Ben Stein is a lawyer educated at Columbia and Yale law schools among others. His involvement in acting is just (and solely) a hobby for him. He's written books on the economy, justice system and future of America.

His acting persona may be something that you have an issue with but it has allowed him to be one of the very few reasonable voices that the lefties respect and will actually listen to. Agree with him or not, that's your choice, but to call him a modern day court jester is inaccurate at the very least.

Top Bottom