• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I have had a scorpion, ar9 and the cx4. The cx4 is the only one I still have. Slapped a red dot on it and just goes and goes. Trigger is fine after it’s broken in. I probably have 1500 rounds through mine at this point. It’s the only pcc I won’t sell. As it’s almost double in price since I got mine.
    I bought a Scorpion the other day too. I haven’t taken it to the range yet but, so far I like the feel and ergonomics better than the storm. I’m actually considering a longer barrel and adding a stock to make it a carbine instead.
    Gun Zone Deals

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I bought a Scorpion the other day too. I haven’t taken it to the range yet but, so far I like the feel and ergonomics better than the storm. I’m actually considering a longer barrel and adding a stock to make it a carbine instead.
    They make that but possibly discontinued by now...

1679774664880.png

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I own a CX4 and the Scorpion Carbine. IMO, the Scorpion wins out but the CX4 just has that ugly early 2000's charm. Bonus points if you have the matching magazine sidearm.

ETA: I will concede IMO the Scorpion requires a couple upgrades to make it comfortable to shoot.
    1. Grip
    2. something to fix the obtrusive RH safety

Last edited:

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    The recoil was always harsher one the scorpion. Granted it’s 9mm but it would smack the hell out of you if you didn’t pull it in tight. They were both range toys so kept the softer shooter

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I have owned 4 CX4s over the years. For the size, they are a great carbine.

They are on the 3rd generation of this gun now. My FDE is a 3rd gen model. The trigger is a LITTLE better than the previous version. Not much, but a tiny bit.

I actually shoot the FDE one a tiny bit better - it is the 3rd gen model. I am not sure if it is the gun, or if is because I like the Mepro 21 optic on that gun more than a red dot.

Anyway - now that I have the new S&W folding carbine.... Which is lighter... I considered selling one of my CX4s to buy another S&W carbine. But, when I pick up the CX4, I just like the feel of it so much.

Decided to keep em both :)

I also have them set up about the same (except for the optic). And, I also have the Sierra Papa extended charging handle on both of them...

Before I bought the 2nd one, I considered buying the Scorpion carbine. But when I held the CZ, I didn't like the extra length. I also have a ton of Beretta 92 mags as well...

3wx0YXZ.jpg

Last edited:

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    I have owned 4 CX4s over the years. For the size, they are a great carbine.

They are on the 3rd generation of this gun now. My FDE is a 3rd gen model. The trigger is a LITTLE better than the previous version. Not much, but a tiny bit.

I actually shoot the FDE one a tiny bit better - it is the 3rd gen model. I am not sure if it is the gun, or if is because I like the Mepro 21 optic on that gun more than a red dot.

Anyway - now that I have the new S&W folding carine.... Which is lighter... I considered selling one of my CX4s to buy another S&W carbine. But, when I pick up the CX4, I just like the feel of it so much.

Decided to keep em both :)

I also have them set up about the same (except for the optic). And, I also have the Sierra Papa extended charging handle on both of them...

Before I bought the 2nd one, I considered buying the Scorpion carbine. But when I held the CZ, I didn't like the extra length. I also have a ton of Beretta 92 mags as well...

3wx0YXZ.jpg
    Is that the Sig Romeo 8 on the black one?

Top Bottom