• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Went to shoot my new neos today, not planning for any problem, snd the first 40 rnds went great, then 46-49 FTF, That was only the start, soon it was 1 shot and three FTF or more. I first thought it was light strikes but when taking it apart i realized that the firing pin is getting stuck about 1/4" before stiking the primer, the marks from the "light strikes" were caused by the firing pin when trying to eject the round. It became alittle nerve racking to clear the malfunction once i realized the trying free the stuck pin was pressing the fireing pin against the primer, and it does take alittle force to make it cycle, has anyone else experienced this and is ther an easy fix, I hate to have to send it off. I had the problems with Federal bulk, winchester superx, and federal lightning.
    Texas SOT

woolleyworm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Cleburne
    Have a range friend that has had to send his back to the factory 3 times in under 2 years. Last time he got it back, they sent him a new gun. He traded it off asap and hasn't looked back. I shot it several occasions and needless to say, I wasn't impressed at all. I'd much rather have a Ruger Mk or a Browning Buckmark.

Did you clean it and lube it good before heading to the range?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Field stripped, removed all the packing grease, reassembled and lubed, worked for the 40 rnds or so, after having problems i recleaned and relubed with no improvement. Fireing about every other round now. Sometimes worse, never 2 in a row.

woolleyworm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Cleburne
    Sounds like you may have a problem with the trigger bar. Call the dealer you bought it from and let them know asap about the problem.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I will be returning it to academy to be sent off, When it comes back i will probably sell it.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I bought one for my daughter last year for Christmas and it had a lot of FTF's and FTE's. I took it apart and cleaned it like you did and tried it again. I found out that they need to be "broken in" with around 500 rounds of high velocity ammo. That's all I use in it now because that's all it will shoot. It shoots great now. I just got a Sig Mosquito for my other daughter for this years Christmas present and took it to the range a couple of weeks ago and put 500 high velocity rounds through it.The first couple of mags didn't go well but it's shooting great. Don't give up on them, they are great little plinkers. I wouldn't use regular 22 LR ammo in them. They like the high velocity stuff.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I will be returning it to academy to be sent off, When it comes back i will probably sell it.

They said they would return it? They usually don't. The only guns I'ves seen hem return is the Yildiz shotguns. Sorry you had problems with your gun. Hope you get a good one.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Sounds like a tight gun that needs to be shot. As Jake75 says 500 rounds should do. I would lube and clean with break free CLP.
    Say shoot 50 and scrub the bolt face with a copper or brass brush and clp then shoot 50 more. It's just a new tool that the moving parts need to be polished and mated. Thats best done by shooting.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Sounds like a tight gun that needs to be shot. As Jake75 says 500 rounds should do. I would lube and clean with break free CLP.
    Say shoot 50 and scrub the bolt face with a copper or brass brush and clp then shoot 50 more. It's just a new tool that the moving parts need to be polished and mated. Thats best done by shooting.

I was going to try so i cleaned it again last night, lubed and went out this morning to put a few rounds throught it before heading to work. Second round fail to fire and attempting to clear the malfunction caused the round to fire, this seems like a safety problem even if it would go away with breaking the gun it. Clearing the malfunction i am pulling the the bolt and round back to the fireing pin. I'm not a fan of holding the slide when it decides to fire so i will let beretta deal with it.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    You must have a good Academy where you are because the one I go to wouldn't return anything. They even make you sign a paper stating that all sales are final and if there is a problem that you, the buyer, would have to deal with the manufacturer for repairs.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You must have a good Academy where you are because the one I go to wouldn't return anything. They even make you sign a paper stating that all sales are final and if there is a problem that you, the buyer, would have to deal with the manufacturer for repairs.

They don't actually take the gun back, they just handle the shipping and send it to beretta, when its done i pick it up at academy. Hopefully it will function correctly.

n5wd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Foat Wuth
    Sounds like you definitely got a bad one. I've had mine (6" barrel) for about seven months... have put a couple of thousand rounds through it. The only FTF's I've had were when I used regular length .22 in them, thinking that it would work. Definitely wants 22 LR, but I've used everything that CTD has had on the shelf, I think, and haven't had problems since. Hope you like the replacement better... it IS a nice plinker and small varmit gun.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Sounds like you definitely got a bad one. I've had mine (6" barrel) for about seven months... have put a couple of thousand rounds through it. The only FTF's I've had were when I used regular length .22 in them, thinking that it would work. Definitely wants 22 LR, but I've used everything that CTD has had on the shelf, I think, and haven't had problems since. Hope you like the replacement better... it IS a nice plinker and small varmit gun.

You mean you put 22 shorts in the gun? Did they even fit in the magazine?

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I never really have problems with mine jams everyonce in a while but i figured its the cheap bulk ammo, runs like a top 99% of the time. I have the long barrel version if that makes a difference.

n5wd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Foat Wuth
    You mean you put 22 shorts in the gun? Did they even fit in the magazine?

Yep, they did, which is what threw me off. I picked up a box at CTD - was kinda in a rush and didn't realize the one box was in a stack of .22 LRs that I picked up. It happened to be the second box I opened, and I didn't really notice the difference when loading the magazines. Wasn't until I really looked at the rounds from a different box that I noticed the difference in length, and then noticed the difference in the label. Duh!

Experience is a great instructor!

Top Bottom