• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdp8883

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Cedar Park, TX
    I have always owned .45 calibers, but I hardly shoot anymore due to the ammo prices and would like a cheaper yet useful caliber for target practice and defense. So what of the new Berreta Storm handguns? I like they way they feel in my hand.

I already own an XD 45 which I love and I am still considering it in 9mm, but I like to try new things too.

I am also considering: Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm
    Sig SP2022 9mm
    Possibly a Ruger
    anything in the 400-500 range
    Venture Surplus ad

kfog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Houston
    my roommate has one chambered in .40 that i've shot a couple hundred rounds through that I enjoyed very much. great gun

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I recently bought a PX4. Probably the most accurate handgun out of the box I've seen. I'm also a .45 enthusiast, but my PX4 is a .40 S&W. It shoots 'soft' - almost like a 9 mm.

My neighbor tried my PX4. 2 days later, he cancelled an order for a Kimber and bought the Beretta.

cougartex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    I have had a PX4 9mm since 2005 and have not had any problems. The recoil is very manageable and is very easy to field strip.
    Another option would be a Stoeger Cougar in 9mm. Stoeger is a Beretta subsidiary. The Stoeger sells for about $400.

New Life For An Old Cat

Reacher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I haven't shot a PX4, but I own an M&P and it's great. I've got several hundred rounds through it now and haven't had a single issue. I looked at the PX4/Cougar before I bought my M&P and the one thing I didn't like about it was that to put the safety in fire position, you have to push it UP instead of just thumbing it down like you would with a frame mounted safety. This seems opposite of the way it should be. While I think Barreta makes a great gun, I just can get over the slide mounted safety.

Bodie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Tyler
    +1 on the Stoeger Cougar. I have one in .40 and am looking for one in 9MM now. It is a very comfortable and easy shooting pistol.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Funny, I went through the same thing. I was a diehard .45 fanatic but the price and availability of ammo steered me back to the 9mm. I wasn't a fan of that round because of the horrible Beretta M9 we were issued in the military (I always hated that pistol), but I got a great deal in a trade for a Kel-Tec P3AT I had (and also hated) for a Taurus PT111 Mil Pro (3rd gen). It was a nice shooter and pretty accurate, so I also picked up a PT709 Slim as a replacement pocket gun (yeah, it's a bit bigger than the Kel-Tec; but I can still carry it in larger pockets and at least I can find ammo for it!). Finding Federal 9mm at Walmart for under $10 for a box of 50 rounds, they are great range guns and BUGs. Plus, Taurus has a lifetime guarantee on their products regardless of which owner you are. They already replaced one of the mags on the PT111 for me, which impressed me because standing behind their products and good customer service are extremely important to me...

Cheers! M2

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    glock 19 is always a solution....however i'm being tempted by the m&p 9compact. but glock is good to go....i carry one. the 19 is a lot slimmer than the px4 thats a fat little pistol. its nice but chubby

Top Bottom