• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Because the models with the curved dustcover ALSO have a slight change in the grip. I said it before.

The straight dustcover models have the bigger grip.

When they changed the dustcover, they also changed the grip. That slight grip change also makes a huge difference for people with smaller hands.

Yeah, they did radius the backstrap, I didn't see a detectable change in the rest of the grip tho.
    Hurley's Gold

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Yeah, they did radius the backstrap, I didn't see a detectable change in the rest of the grip tho.

I've always called it the "rear strap indentation.". Anyway - the back of the grip is brought forward a little. It brings the hand ever so closer to the front of the gun/trigger.

I makes a huge difference if you have small hands. My first 92FS was bought in the 1990s... The gun was too big for me, and I regretted buying it. I couldn't shoot it well. Then a few years later, they made this change. Game changer for me.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I've always called it the "rear strap indentation.". Anyway - the back of the grip is brought forward a little. It brings the hand ever so closer to the front of the gun/trigger.

I makes a huge difference if you have small hands. My first 92FS was bought in the 1990s... The gun was too big for me, and I regretted buying it. I couldn't shoot it well. Then a few years later, they made this change. Game changer for me.

Yep, I mentioned that in my original post - when early 40's were having cracked locking blocks / frames - they beefed up the frame (angled dust cover) and updated the grip by melting the backstrap into the grip, which did in fact reduce trigger reach a bit.

Then they did the Vertec treatment in the early 2000's - getting rid of the hump and going to a straight angled backstrap - which followed on to some newer versions like a version of the 92X. Drastically different grip vs the original.

A friend of mine's wife picked up a 96 Vertec Inox about 12 or 13 years ago - I know it had to be at least 12 years, because it was before my kid came along. She has stubby fingers, and that Vertec grip allowed her to easily reach the trigger in double action. The heft of the 92/96 frame over all soaks up recoil better than the polymer guns - she shot that .40 very well.

Top Bottom