• ...and so much more!
  • Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Bowe Bergdahl to face desertion charges: NBC

I'm surprised - thought the Army would bury this.....
    Target Sports

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Bowe Bergdahl to face desertion charges: NBC

I'm surprised - thought the Army would bury this.....

Well, the administration is certainly trying to, and trying to get the Army to, but...I just don't see the Army letting desertion slide. I'm sure they've backed off from even more serious charges because of the pressure from the administration, though.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    "Should" is an interesting critter...especially considering how much PR the administration put into hailing the return of this "hero"...and the fact that they traded 5 prisoners known to be active members of al-Qaeda for him. The truth getting out to the general (relatively ignorant) public would be major egg on the face of this administration.

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    From what I read he is probably gonna get credit for the time captured as they said he didn't plan to be a permanent deserter but was a pow instead. From my reading he will most likely be dishonorably discharged, lose all the pay from the time he was a pow and that will be the last of it.

It's total BS in my eyes as he deserted in a period of war and put himself in harms was to become a POW and who knows what the gitmo trades will cause as far as American lives lost in the future.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    One thing the Big Green Machine will not tolerate is insubordination and desertion.

Desertion in peace time gets the deserter "dropped from the rolls" after 30 days, then he gets listed with law enforcement as a "deserter." If ever apprehended, the deserter gets discharged with an OTH discharge certificate.

In wartime, however, a deserter in the face of the enemy must reckon with the death penalty.

As an affirmative defense to the accused, he did not serve in a declared state of war.

Congress shit the bed, because they allowed two presidents to wage war without a formal declaration of war.

More likely than not, the General Court Martial Convening Authority will offer the accused a discharge under less than honorable conditions.

The prosecutors will reach a plea deal, where the accused forfeits all his back pay and veteran's benefits.

That is probably the best we can hope for.

He is a worthless shit, and locking him up or killing him is a waste of tax payer moneys.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    One thing the Big Green Machine will not tolerate is insubordination and desertion.

Desertion in peace time gets the deserter "dropped from the rolls" after 30 days, then he gets listed with law enforcement as a "deserter." If ever apprehended, the deserter gets discharged with an OTH discharge certificate.

In wartime, however, a deserter in the face of the enemy must reckon with the death penalty.

As an affirmative defense to the accused, he did not serve in a declared state of war.

Congress shit the bed, because they allowed two presidents to wage war without a formal declaration of war.

More likely than not, the General Court Martial Convening Authority will offer the accused a discharge under less than honorable conditions.

The prosecutors will reach a plea deal, where the accused forfeits all his back pay and veteran's benefits.

That is probably the best we can hope for.

He is a worthless shit, and locking him up or killing him is a waste of tax payer moneys.
    i have ammo

KBMiii

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    San Antonio
    This whole situation is a slap to the face to every man and woman who has worn the uniform. From start to finish, nothing good has come and I am pretty sure nothing will.

Burke

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Azle
    Presidential Pardon in the works

Truly a sad situation for America, that this traitor will be able to walk freely among us

RangerWP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2014

Unfortunately, the Big Green Machine has tolerated multiple cases of insubordination and Soldiers who have gone AWOL in a manner which could be considered desertion during this non-war. Never anything this flagrant, but when they have deserted stateside they have often failed to prosecute beyond a UCMJ slap on the wrist. There would be plenty of volunteers for his well deserved firing squad, but I doubt he's losing sleep over it.

Might have a better chance here: http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/11/taliban-bowe-bergdahl-desertion/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    O'Reilly interviewed a military leader Monday evening. I heard about this then. He seems to think the prosecution is going forward.

I was driving and didn't catch the name of the man....

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    If you wanted to punk out you never ever ever ever ever ever should have taken the oath! !!!
    When I took it i understood. That i might go to war
    Didn't have to. Thank you Jesus. But if I did would I have been afraid. H2da yes. But my job was to make them die for their country. Not me for mine. But beyond all the bravado. There was the real possibility o would have.
    But i took it anyway. You fought beside these men and women.
    Watching them be maimed and die. But you you you pos run away and give away us. Our secrets tactics and then let the potus
    I use the term loosely. Trade these people for your traitorous ass. I would trade almost every thing I have to see you tried, convicted . To be on the firing squad . He is a traitorous bastard.
    Imho he needs to die

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom