• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Over time, I have come to enjoy shooting my nines over almost every other caliber out there. At one point I owned five or six of them in my quest to find the most accurate and fun to shoot 9mm. Currently I have a browning hi-power MKIII, an SW99, and a cz75 in stainless. I have also shot and/or owned berretta 92s, glocks, feg clones of the hi-power, sw 9mms(not the M&P series), an HK p30 and witness 9mms. I am thinking about getting a g17 or 19 someday and I am willing to spend a little dough for an STI GP6 or a sig226. If you have shot the "ultimate" 9mm, let us all know in this here thread. If you have shot all of these, which one would you take if you could only have one. I am not talking about a CCW, more like a full size hi-capacity lazer-accurate pistol. I am also fond of all-metal guns but think poly frame weapons have a place in my gun collection too. Let's hear some opinions, hopefully everyone hasn't drank the black kool-aid yet !
    Lynx Defense

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    SIG P210. Like a CZ 75 in ergonomics but with a better trigger, slimmer and a real target shooter. I've shot but do not own one.,,yet.

P210-TGT-Detail-L.jpg

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    I have a RIA 1911 in 9mm that is sweet, but the best shooting one I've had is a Glock 35 with a 9mm conversion barrel. It shoots extremely well, but it ejects back towards my head, and I'm not fond of that. I've never had a really expensive target pistol in 9mm.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I've shot a few. but to give credit to possible contenders, I haven't shot a high power, fn , hk, or any 1911s in 9mm.. My best would be a 226 Sig. I would think for your application, a 9mm 1911 or a Sig X-five (sao) would be likely candidates (never personally shot either). Good luck.

Carbohydrates

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    Dallas
    My very favorite is my buddy's crazy racegun CZ TS with about a thousand+ dollars worth of custom gunsmith work. SAO trigger, absolute joy to shoot. The most disappoint 9mm guns I've shot - NOT THE WORST, mind you, just the most disappointing because I had high expectations - are the Browning Hi-Power and the Sig P210, and for similar reasons: sub-par creepy triggers and hammer bite, especially on the 210.

krury

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Schertz
    I am partial to Berettas. I have a Cougar, a PX4 Storm Sub Compact and a 92 FS. By far the 92FS is the most fun and accurate to Shoot. The Cougar is my everday carry. I keep the Storm in the nightstand and the 92 handy in the Jeep.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I am partial to Berettas. I have a Cougar, a PX4 Storm Sub Compact and a 92 FS. By far the 92FS is the most fun and accurate to Shoot. The Cougar is my everday carry. I keep the Storm in the nightstand and the 92 handy in the Jeep.

I owned a few Cougars and I agree.. they were nice to shoot.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Ruger Blackhawk Convertible was my favorite.
    Had a Taurus 92fs, not accurate at all.
    I guess that's my 9mm experience.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Most fun? Ah, that would be the 10" suppressed full auto Uzi...

My primary competition guns are shorty STI 9mm with titanium comps and CMore. My wuss competition gun is a bushing barrel STI 6" with about a quarter of the slide cut away. If I have to shoot a double plus wuss gun, I'm fond of my STI GP6C :D

My carry gun is a aluminum frame bushing barrel Commander length STI "Tactical" rail frame in 9mm. Although I have the same gun in .45, I prefer the extra rounds just in case of zombies ;)

For cool factor, it is hard to beat the WWII Luger, but the P38 is surprisingly comfortable to work with. The Chinese contract Inglis Hi-Power with the retardedly optimistic 600 yard back sight and the wood stock/holster is a crowd-pleaser, if impractical...

Yeah, I like guns...I like lots of guns...and I am of no help at all in this thread. As usual. Although, on reflection, if I could have only one, I'd keep that Commander STI in 9mm. Light, accurate, holds lots of bullets, shoots great...

Alex

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I've never shot a 1911 based 9mm but it's on my to-do list before I make my next purchase. I also like the sig210 but not the pricetag for a single stack. I've also thought about a CZ tac-sport, they look like fun. A buddy or mine has a kimber solo which he said he'd let go for 1200(w/crimson trace grips) but I'm not a huge fan of grip mount lasers and I'd want to try before I buy. Surprised no glock-geeks have voiced an opinion yet.

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    I like my M&P Pro 9mm out of what I have shot so far.

I have an FNS-9 coming in a couple of days and I am curious to see how that is.

Top Bottom