• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Laufer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Lakeland/Memphis TN
    I can only mention "Rob Ski - a former Polish soldier- who does very extensive tests out to 2,500 or 5,000 rds. on various AKM brands or other 7.62x39, possibly even some .223 rifles.
    The bit of rough stuff, "show business", he initially does with many rifles has No Connection to the quality of the steel used.

Sidenote: his test of a Similar (externally) 7.62x39 rifle, the Czechpoint/CSA VZ-58, passed the 5,000 rds. mark with excellent results (also Youtube).
    FWIW, my Czechpoint has seen 2,600 rds. with zero issue These Are Not AKMs :facepalm:. Very different, especially the internal components..

IO - which no longer produces AKMs (partly due to Rob's testing !)- and the guns actually produced In the US by Century tend to have substandard steel quality.

While limiting barrel temps and checking headspace at regular intervals, he also shows the viewer whether any rivets, lugs/trunnions etc indicate excessive wear.

I would never trust random dudes who shoot only 100 rds. in a nib rifle and say "Oh, this is a well-built rifle, and it's Purdy!".. Although most users probably won't use much more than 1,000 - 1,500 rds.

Search for " AKOU AK" on Youtube or just Google. Even the often - lousy IO rifles were Purdy. Many people equate external looks to internal quality. Quite often there is no connection, except to your Wallet $$$$.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom