• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fortmacman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi everyone. Looking to get an STI GP6 9mm. Seen lots of videos online and I am impressed with this handgun. Not much said about which type of bullets are being used in this gun. Whats the best load? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Also, what are these guns being sold for down there in the great state of texas!

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Funny you should ask....STI just stopped importing them and now they are being distributed by Century. I bought a GP6 a while back and even at $600+ dollars, they are worth every penny. Now that century has them, the x'd the skeletonized hammer and now advertise 15rd mags(mine still hold 17). I have 2 NIB(the original GrandPower K100s) for sale in the Austin area. I'm asking $550 ea. Before century sold out, they had them advertised at $529 in their october flyer. The website has a lower price, but of course, none available at that price. Last year I tried to get a VZ2008 from them, they were advertised at $359 and they had none then. I still found one elsewhere for a few bucks more. Now they advertise the same rifle at $799 ea. and I bet they're in stock. Anyhow, PM me if your interested. As far as ammo goes, I run lots of 124gr bullets(mostly reloads) but they say the rotating barrel design runs even lighter bullets just as well. I have only run a handful of hp bullets through it(124gr GDHP) and had no hiccups.

fortmacman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    HI TM247 thanks for the info. I am up in northern Alberta Canada so buying a gun in the USA is a major hassle besides, I can buy a brand new GP6 for $500 plus GST online from Nova Scotia and they ship it right to my door. Ive read elsewhere that if you don't use P+ ammo you have to clean the gun quite often, have you found this to be true? The Winchester 115gr super-X silvertip is rated pretty good by Combat handguns test.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I shoot mostly 124gr plated bullets over 4.2gr of titegroup. They group well and run the gun reliably. I have only run one mag or two of Gold Dot hollow points, so it's hard to tell if they are cleaner than standard ammo. My reloads chronograph at around 1060 fps +/- 20 fps. Nato spec ammo(real close to plus p) is closer to 1200 fps with a 124gr bullet. Maybe the higher pressure of +p allows more complete combustion and results in a cleaner gun, don't know for sure.

Top Bottom