Best AR 15 Brake?

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by HawaiiGuy, Oct 27, 2009.

1. HawaiiGuy

HawaiiGuy New Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Hawaii
    We know this is a bold claim but at E-TAC we think we have come up with the best AR 15 brake yet. We are calling it the GoGun Talon Brake. It is now available in .223, with other calibers to come.

I personally shot it and was totally amazed that I could not detect any front sight movement at all. The report is deep and satisfying without concussion. It is large and beefy, too big for some folks but nothing is too big for Texas. Actually it was designed to be big and beefy to take sustained full auto fire but to be honest we have not yet torture tested in yet in full auto.

It is available end of this week for $78.50.

But if someone wants to do a legit comparison shootout to take us up on the challenge let me know and we can make one available.

Here is a pic of one in the white but they will available in black.

[​IMG]

2. Jason

Jason Well-Known

Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    Do like, but my AR kit is still on order... :(

3. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I can do a comparison on it compared to the best brake already on the market (Miculek).

Send me a PM.

4. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    It's cool looking that's for sure.

5. CALI

CALI Active Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Round Rock
    I have a Noveske Pig that I can compare it with. If you have one in .308 I can do that too. I also have a Smith Vortex, POF Muzzle brake, Brid Cage and Phantom flash hider that are all installed and ready for comparison.

PM me for my address if you want me to test it.

6. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Moderator Moderator

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    What does the brake do to groups compared to flash hiders and other brakes?

7. HawaiiGuy

HawaiiGuy New Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Hawaii
    Well looks like Texas1911 is accepting the challenge. ETAC will send him a Talon Brake next week.
    Texas1911 thinks Jerry Miculeks Brake is the best. Jerrys is certainly goood but we are confident ours will outshoot and outlast anyone's.
    Stay tuned

8. HawaiiGuy

HawaiiGuy New Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Hawaii
    That is a great question, that so far we dont have a good answer to. However, the way it is designed and because it is sooooo beefy, we would be very surprised if it had any affect on accuracy. Brakes on rifles accuracy is a whole subject in and of it self. As more get out into field we will know for sure, but so far no accuracy problems reported.

9. HawaiiGuy

HawaiiGuy New Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Hawaii
    Hey Texas Guys,
    We have been taken up on the challenge but over the weekend we made a YouTube Video that speaks for itself.
    Can any of you guys shoot your rifle without spilling Beer?
    Check it out
    YouTube - AR 15 Beer Recoil Test by GoGun

10. TSU45

TSU45 Active Member

Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    Your buddies look like they like to party.

I know I've seen someone on this board with a KAC triple tap. That would make for a nice comparison.