Best CHL class around San Antonio?

medgunner1

Jan 21, 2013
San Antonio
Hey everyone, I did a search and didn't find too much.

Anyways, my girlfriend is looking to get her CHL soon, and we were trying to find a good place in San Antonio to take the class. The place that I took my class (which will remain nameless) did not teach me anything about the law. I had to read books and do research after the class (after I passed the test and got my CHL) to find things out on my own. We are looking for a class that will actually teach when/how to carry, and what the law says when it comes to using a weapon. Can anyone give insight on a good place to go (and possibly what they went over in your class)? Thanks!

TXDARKHORSE361

May 15, 2012
Look into Lonestar Handgun in Schertz, I didn't take mine there but would have and got my fingerprints done there, I know quite a few who have gone there that give them high praises.

wakal

Dreadnaught Industries LLC
Mar 20, 2011
Zephyr
The guys up at Bracken on the north side of town are a lot of fun!

As an aside, the class is now four to six hours of instruction, plus range time. Although the nice folks at DPS taught me last week that that means four to six hours of lecture (not including breaks of any kind, paperwork of any kind, the test, or anything but instruction, period). So, figure four to six hours of lecture plus breaks makes five to seven hours, plus the test makes six to eight hours, plus range time, makes at best eight to ten hours. Very nice.

Alex

Koinonia

Well-Known
Sep 10, 2012
San Antonio
Spsti, on east side of town is a good one. Mr. Jones is a great teacher.

Top Bottom