• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4x4kayak2112

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Houston Area
    Sorry for the hijack, but.....

Why not a mosin? Mine shoots pretty darn good and it shoots a fire ball 3 feet long and makes a huge boom. I bet it would take out a hog, i know it blows big chunks out of trees.

Sent from my Home Phone using a Tapatalk 2
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344889445985.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1344889445985.jpg
      39.2 KB · Views: 157

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I would think that if you left a hog where you shot it, you've just created a banquet for the other hogs and will end up creating more hogs.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Sorry for the hijack, but.....

Why not a mosin? Mine shoots pretty darn good and it shoots a fire ball 3 feet long and makes a huge boom. I bet it would take out a hog, i know it blows big chunks out of trees.

Sent from my Home Phone using a Tapatalk 2

Good sir, It would indeed take a hog out. It's how it takes it out that matters.

The 7.62X54 is close to the 308win. Which will kill a hog. But it will not produce the amount of gut spray needed. Look past the ballistics, into rounds that will straight F*** a pig up. A 17HMR will kill a pig. But it makes a neat little hole with some frag inside the pig. Thats boring.

We just don't want to kill the pig. We wish to blow it's guts out it's ASS.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Good sir, It would indeed take a hog out. It's how it takes it out that matters.

The 7.62X54 is close to the 308win. Which will kill a hog. But it will not produce the amount of gut spray needed. Look past the ballistics, into rounds that will straight F*** a pig up.

We just don't want to kill the pig. We wish to blow it's guts out it's ass.

I thought y'all had a Hippo problem up there, not a Hog one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I thought y'all had a Hippo problem up there, not a Hog one.

I do live in Hutto. But there all stone. Which sucks

I am still waiting for the chance to try out the S&W 500 Mag on a hog. To date I have only killed paper and a bag of flour..

Hmmm........yeah...a 500 mag. Say at 25yards. Now were talking. Hollow points would leave a nasty mark on Mr piggy.

Yall gonna take this crap?:

miss+piggy+copy.jpg

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco

The 7.62X54 is close to the 308win. Which will kill a hog. But it will not produce the amount of gut spray needed. Look past the ballistics, into rounds that will straight F*** a pig up. A 17HMR will kill a pig. But it makes a neat little hole with some frag inside the pig. Thats boring.

We just don't want to kill the pig. We wish to blow it's guts out it's ASS.
    You ain't gonna get nuthin like that at walmart with your ranch style beans. If you want a hogsplosion with guts and shit flying all over, you needs a 50BMG.

I've got a 500 mag, and it's a thumper, but I don't think it will turn a pig inside out like you want.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    Have you tried the 700gr?

Heck no! Biggest I use is around 400gr. I thought 500gr was the top end, 700 is almost the same weight as a 50BMG

Is it lead or jacketed? I won't use lead over 1000fps. I have a tough enough time getting the copper out of the barrel, forget about lead. Though a 700 grainer ought to be traveling pretty slow.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Heck no! Biggest I use is around 400gr. I thought 500gr was the top end, 700 is almost the same weight as a 50BMG

M33 ball 50 BMG ammo is 649 gr although moving at a substantially higher velocity.

Considered going to a machine shop and seeing how precisely they could drill one out to make a hollow point that would have a descent group at about 200 yrds.

There's your hog guts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom