• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    black golf gloves.

problem is you have to buy one left and one right one.

nearly no loss of dexterity and they feel extra cool.
    Gun Zone Deals

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Custom fit gloves sewn from the skin of my enemies. The right one in the face of a Taliban fighter.

But really, nomex flight gloves or Mechanix. Both fit tight, aren't clunky and I can still feel what I'm touching. Lets face it, rifles get hot, obstacals are sharp...and I like my girly hands...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    black golf gloves.

problem is you have to buy one left and one right one.
    Try batting gloves. Pretty much the same feel, but they come in pairs.

I rarely wear gloves while shooting, but I'll throw in another vote for Mechanix gloves. I wear a pair pretty much anytime I'm engaged in manual labor. The Mechanix knock offs at Harbor Frieght are decent too.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I never wear gloves while shooting, but I keep an old pair of desert flight gloves in my shooting bag, just in case I have to touch hot metal, like a suppressor. They work pretty well. I just rotate them out whenever I get issued a new pair.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Try batting gloves. Pretty much the same feel, but they come in pairs.

I rarely wear gloves while shooting, but I'll throw in another vote for Mechanix gloves. I wear a pair pretty much anytime I'm engaged in manual labor. The Mechanix knock offs at Harbor Frieght are decent too.

good thinking!

i never used gloves while batting hilariously enough.

as fro the last kneepad comment.... LoL

i wouldn't mind some for those times when i find myself breaking a bunch of sticks / wood peices... as i find the most effective way is across the knee.

and on the plus side, you can always loan them to your girl in order to receive a tactical BJ.
    lmao

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    good thinking!

i never used gloves while batting hilariously enough.

as fro the last kneepad comment.... LoL

i wouldn't mind some for those times when i find myself breaking a bunch of sticks / wood peices... as i find the most effective way is across the knee.

and on the plus side, you can always loan them to your girl in order to receive a tactical BJ.
    lmao

Priceless.......

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I dont wear gloves for shooting. Never liked them.
    If you have girlyhands I guess it's a must.

If I hunted or carried a firearm in the frozen wastes of ice & snow it might be a different situation, but I don't. As for gloves for hand protection during the four letter word, work....I buy Elk Hide and they last a long time even with hard usage...But not cheap.

tx787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Austin
    mechanix is the way to go, they work well, they aren't expensive and they don't make you look like a mall ninja or an internet operator.

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    The only time I wear gloves while shooting is when I am shooting AR's.

And since I just bought my own AR, I bought some mechanix covert gloves from Advanced Auto Parts a couple of weeks ago when they were on sale. Perfect fit and tactical styling!

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    I rarely wear gloves, but when I was in Baghdad I mainly wore the Camelbak Vent gloves. They were lightweight and held up well. Other than that, I had a pair of the Wiley-X combat assault gloves, the short model. I used these all during pre-deployment training and infrequently during my deployment. Nice gloves, but one thing to consider if you get gloves with the knuckle guards is that you can't really fish stuff out of your pockets.

Anyways, both of these were a good fit for my hands, which can be hard to fit b/c I have long skinny fingers.

Good luck!
    -Randy

ghostscout

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Cedar Park/ North Austin
    I love the cheap nomex gloves but I also had a pair of the oakley gloves when I was deployed overseas. I didn't like them too much but after breaking them in and having them saving me from busting my knuckles I free to like them. Using them in a combat environment is a little different but same idea and combat zones have been an ultimate proving ground for weaponry and accessories. Just my opinion

Top Bottom