• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    Baer is scaled to a level and at a price point where very close personal service is expected and delivered (most of the time. I know of some Baer haters based on bad experiences)

JKTex, I hear what you are saying. But, the above quote is exactly why I didn't split the question up. Just because something is expensive does not mean the company will be there for the customer (look at HK...).

I just wanted to hear, hopefully through first-hand experiences, from the board on which handgun makers will be there through thick and thin.

Smith and Wesson +3
    STI +4
    Springfield +3
    Les Baer +1
    Taurus +2
    Charles Daly +2
    SIG Sauer +1
    Kimber +2
    FNH +1
    Nighthawk Custom +1
    Glock +1
    Kahr +1
    ARJ Defense ad

GLI45

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    Another vote for STI

As a very satisfied owner of a .45 Eagle 6.0, STI gets my vote. While I've never had any problems (the Eagle has performed flawlessly) I have called with questions about everything from maintenance to inquiries about other models and the staff has always treated me as if I was the most important call of the day. Given the deplorable level of customer service from most companies these days, dealing with the folks in Georgetown is refreshing.

An example was a recent call I made inquiring about the Tactical 4.15 since I couldn't find one in stock anywhere to look at. After answering a couple a questions the person I was talking to offered to set up an appointment for me to come up to Georgetown (I live in Houston) and see the model I was interested in.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I would definitely say STI. After hearing Alan's experiences with them, as well as several other people in the past, the customer service is second to none and they really stand behind their product. Truly an excellent group to deal with.

As far as large companies, Sig Sauer. I love them so much I changed my screenname. ;) lol

I've been to STI several times with Alan. They have a cool group of people and jump through hoops to solve any issues with their products. Companies like that are hard to find these days.

Deviate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Ft Worth, TX
    It's still very different.

You have results from Kimber and Les Baer both.

So you're including Kimber that sells 50k-60k 1911's a year that probably averages $900 and includes big box retail stores as dealers to Les Baer who sells a fraction of that through boutique dealers (est word I could come up with right now) and average well over $2000....

Size of the business doesn't really have much bearing on the quality of customer service you are able to provide; staff and company policy does. I see no issues with putting the big fish and the small fish in the same pond.

I'm a service advisor (customer service) for a small BMW repair shop. Put me against any BMW dealership in the area in customer service and I'll likely come out at the end with better customer feedback. Does it matter that we have ~10 people on staff and the local BMW dealer has hundreds? Nope. Not at all.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I don't know the best but I know some good ones based on customer service.
    STI
    Springfield Armory
    Dan Wesson
    Fusion
    Caspian
    Wilson
    Baer

That is in no particular order.

Springfield and Wesson have done warranty work on my weapons and I bought them used. They were both over ten years old.

Top Bottom