• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I really don't think you will ever get a good price at a gun store. They have to be able to buy it and then mark it up to a reasonable sale price to make a profit on it.

Best way is sell to an individual at a price between what a gunstore would give you for it and what they would sell it for. Everyone wins, well except for the gunstore :)

I have had good luck here. I have also had good luck on non-gun related community bulletin boards.

Last edited:

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    My best guess would be TGT if you follow the rules. Go to forum then go to classifieds and post to the right section. Make sure to have pictures, a price and put your location in the title.

AR1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    As above, a dealer has to buy at wholesale so they will lowball you. You want to get a little less than retail if possible. My practice is to post it to local gun forums first.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I really don't think you will ever get a good price at a gun store. They have to be able to buy it and then mark it up to a reasonable sale price to make a profit on it.

Best way is sell to an individual at a price between what a gunstore would give you for it and what they would sell it for. Everyone wins, well except for the gunstore :)

I have had good luck here. I have also had good luck on non-gun related community bulletin boards.

This...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    First and foremost, whatcha sellin'?!? :D

Secondly, don't you watch Pawn Stars!?!? Resale shops have to make money off buying and selling items. You're not going to get anywhere near the value of your firearms going through a gun store.

Post on here, it's your best bet to get your best deal!

Outside of that, a private sale at a gun show is your second best option. Vendors will be in the same boat as gun stores, trying to make the most profit from your firearms...

MaddogOIF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Hell no! More scammers than legitimate folk on that site!
    I see some cool things on there but haven't pursued anything yet. What do you mean by scams? Seen some obvious shop advertisements but nothing too hard to simply walk away from.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I see some cool things on there but haven't pursued anything yet. What do you mean by scams? Seen some obvious shop advertisements but nothing too hard to simply walk away from.
    The usual things, like a gun priced way too cheap/ send money and I will ship it type things. They are usually easy to spot. Look at the join date of the seller and use the info sniper. TGTrader has gotten better about kicking the scammers off. That is why they usually have join dates that are recent, and most of them from the same day the ad started.

The "TGT Gold" membership is bought so don't think that means the seller is legit either.

Like any free sale site (Craigslist) just use common sense and you should be ok.

I have had over 30 good FTF deals on TGTrader and look and list there all the time.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Since nobody answered your question, I'll say Powderhorn and Action Pawn at Marbach and 410.

Yeah, both will give you 50% of what your firearm is worth. If that's the kind of deal you are looking for, I'll give you 51%!

Seriously, sell them yourselves. Why lose money on the transaction?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Yeah, both will give you 50% of what your firearm is worth. If that's the kind of deal you are looking for, I'll give you 51%!

Seriously, sell them yourselves. Why lose money on the transaction?
    50% actually isn't bad for a gun store. I find 1/3 more realistic.

I agree, do the work and sell them yourself.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    First and foremost, whatcha sellin'?!? :D

Secondly, don't you watch Pawn Stars!?!? Resale shops have to make money off buying and selling items. You're not going to get anywhere near the value of your firearms going through a gun store.

Post on here, it's your best bet to get your best deal!

Outside of that, a private sale at a gun show is your second best option. Vendors will be in the same boat as gun stores, trying to make the most profit from your firearms...

This ^^^^^

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Post on here and see if you get any interest. This site is my 1st choice.

I would wait for the Premier Gunshow or a SAXET and do a private sale. Avoid the dealers because they will try to low ball.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom