• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meeby

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Independence Firearms has high prices on thier handguns. Ammo is ok. I won't ever go back there though. They do not stand behind their merchandise like other stores I have done business with. In fact, I found them a bit rude.
    Venture Surplus ad

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    I don't even bother with hollow points in my P238. Just shoot Federal and WWB 95 grain FMJ. Just don't completely cheap out and buy any Russian steel-case crap like Tula. Last range session where I was trying to shoot through a spare box of 50, I had 5 FTFs; 4 dud rounds that wouldn't ignite after solid primer strikes, and 1 that was so out-of-spec that the pistol wouldn't go into battery when loading.

atxtj

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I shoot both silver tips and hydrashocks as thats the recommended ammo to put through my seecamp. I prefer the hydrashocks, as they seem to have less recoil in the noisy cricket and are more accurate. I don't think either round will expand reliably, and as always shot placement is crucial, even more so with mouse gun ballistics.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Texas
    This is what I've tested and load for my EDC, carry is a Sig P238, get good expansion and 9-10" penetration average. Load is AA #2 @ 3.5gr, 1021fps, CCI small pistol primers, and I batch my brass for EDC, all have the same lot/head stamp so I don't get the loads confused and re-box/re-label with specs and date.

4ac5d67d-bcf2-915a.jpg

I use the same specs with bulk mag tech bullets for range practice.

If I was to choose factory ammo for EDC, I would go with Critical Defense.

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    This is what I've tested and load for my EDC, carry is a Sig P238, get good expansion and 9-10" penetration average. Load is AA #2 @ 3.5gr, 1021fps, CCI small pistol primers, and I batch my brass for EDC, all have the same lot/head stamp so I don't get the loads confused and re-box/re-label with specs and date.

4ac5d67d-bcf2-915a.jpg

I use the same specs with bulk mag tech bullets for range practice.

If I was to choose factory ammo for EDC, I would go with Critical Defense.

I've been thinking of loading my own with those bullets. They and Hydrashocks seem to penetrate the most reliably in a hollow point round.

Do you get any flash from the powder you are using?

Also, don't buy into the critical defense hype, they are showing shallow penetration results in most every caliber they're loaded in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

chessplayer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    Odessa, Texas
    Studewood XD40
    Re: Best Range & Defense Ammo In .380 ACP?

Whatevers cheapest for the range, Golden Saber 102 gr. HP for carry.

+1

last black friday, Academy had morach FMJ 9.99 box, bought 20, supprised they let me.

After I got my .380 broken in, it'll shoot anything but Sellier & Bellot (the first ammo I bought).

Top Bottom