• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    I dont think i have ever read that before. I was treated entirely unprofessionally in there. Funny part is i was a frequent customer that actually defended the shop to others. Id always heard of how the guy there (not the gunsmith) is a total jerk to customers. I figured it was them because i never had an issue. Then i did and i gave them the chance to make it right but they wouldnt.

To me that is the kind of gunshop and service that both give the industry a bad name and turn people off of guns. I havent been back since.

It wouldn't surprise me! I haven't bought anything but a magazine from him so I guess I should say I've never had a negative experience not so much that its a great place!

Small gun shops are notorious for that and you are 100% right it gives a bad name and ive never understood the mindset behind treating your small customer base like crap! I spent 5 years working for a large sporting goods store that made it a point to offer the "best" customer service in the industry so I've been a little spoiled!

sent from the duck blind!

jbgramps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Austin
    I dont think i have ever read that before. I was treated entirely unprofessionally in there. Funny part is i was a frequent customer that actually defended the shop to others. Id always heard of how the guy there (not the gunsmith) is a total jerk to customers. I figured it was them because i never had an issue. Then i did and i gave them the chance to make it right but they wouldnt.

To me that is the kind of gunshop and service that both give the industry a bad name and turn people off of guns. I havent been back since.

I was in Heritage just before christmas looking for a S&W Shield. They had one and the lady said it was $449 (which is the MSRP), then the guy said no, it's $479. Now this was before Christmas and Gander had them for $439 I think. I told them thanks and left. Finally ordered the Shield online for $369.

I've done business with Heritage before and made a good trade. But the guy always seems grumpy. He does seem to always have customer in the store, so he's probably doing something right.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    AGL have treated me well a few times, nice guys that are great to talk to and usually have some good advice. Really wish I had the money to buy a Savage 10FP they had there at one time. Had a bull barrel and good Nikon scope and was only $500 new, shoulda put it on layaway.

Guns Plus has a new storefront right next door to their old one as well. It's really nice and roomy, bought a Miculek Brake there a few months ago and managed to talk them down $10 bucks on the price, also really nice guys there.

Advanced Armaments isn't too bad, I've bought powder from that guy several times and its always neat to stare at his Treky collection. He now has his own branded reloads.

warmachine77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    United States
    I mostly deal with Red's and GT. Could buy online but i'm impatient lol. GT usually has some surprises, picked up a new fnx 9 last week that was under msrp so I had to snag it.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Personally, I feel like McBrides is totally hit or miss. Sometimes they have good prices on things and sometimes they seem to creep up faster than anyone else. I have been treated really rudely there on more than one occasion but I try not to take it personally. They sometimes get swamped with idiots and I'm sure that since I'm younger and look like every other college aged youth in Austin they assume a certain amount of ignorance from me. My advice is go when they aren't busy and the sales person has time to talk to you. Also, I like to stop in as often as possible as they seem to have ammo on sale constantly. I think they are still 2 boxes per customer per caliber though.

Except for the"young" part that's pretty much been my experience as well. Hit or miss. Sometimes they're fine, sometimes they make you feel like you ruined their day by walking into the store. I will admit they've gotten much better in the past year or so.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Stopped into both AGL and guns plus today.

Didn't stay at AGL long, pretty small shop but cool stuff!

Guns+ was a really cool little shop, picked up a blackhawk holster for my glock from their "$9.95 bin" the store is nice and roomy and the guys were all helpful!

sent from the duck blind!

ZINCOGNITO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2013
    AUSTIN
    AGL have treated me well a few times, nice guys that are great to talk to and usually have some good advice. Really wish I had the money to buy a Savage 10FP they had there at one time. Had a bull barrel and good Nikon scope and was only $500 new, shoulda put it on layaway.

Guns Plus has a new storefront right next door to their old one as well. It's really nice and roomy, bought a Miculek Brake there a few months ago and managed to talk them down $10 bucks on the price, also really nice guys there.

Advanced Armaments isn't too bad, I've bought powder from that guy several times and its always neat to stare at his Treky collection. He now has his own branded reloads.

AGL has a layaway option? What are the terms?

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I heard that Heritage Firearms, on the corner of 183 & Anderson Mill, has closed. I haven't had a chance to go by and see for myself - anybody know for sure? I hate to see any gun shop close but the place had kind of a bad vibe so I didn't go there very often.

Polished Rock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Austin Texas
    OH, I didn't know they moved. I'm sort of in their neighborhood. The place always reminded me of an old shop that there were always some colorful ole guys sitting around in chars. I half expect to see those guys siting there whittling.
    But I haven't seen many deals on anything new in there. They always seem to have a bunch of used 'stuff' in the cases. I'll have to check out the new location.

Top Bottom