• ...and so much more!
  • Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Thought it might be fun for everyone to brag a little

What's the best shot you ever made? Lets hear what ya got. Try to keep it semi-factual

Pictures appreciated, but not necessary.
    DK Firearms

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Made a first round 600yd hit on steel out at Gatesville.

Had not shot my rifle beyond 300 yds, previously.

Tapatalk sent it.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    600 yard shoulder shot on a South Texas buck down in Laredo, off-hand in the mist late in the evening...barely legally daylight yet. Round went exactly where I wanted it to be - thankfully, no wind that evening.

Offhand, with a borrowed 7mm mag and a recent memorization of the rounds' ballistics. Don't know who was more surprised - me, or the buck that'd walked around the field to avoid me.<G>

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    10 shot group roughly the size of a baseball with iron sights at 500 yds, Marine Corps qualification range, hey I can be proud of that.

Though one shot I've always loved was getting a new scope for my AR and sighting in at a 25 yd indoor range in Cali, breaking the rifle down in the case and it riding all the way back to Texas in the trunk of the car. Set up some full soda cans and empty beer cans at around 100 yds at a ranch a buddy worked at just outside of Sinton, took my buddies 2-3 warm up shots to get dialed in. Pulled my rifle out, assembled it and first shot all I see is mountain dew in the air. Nothing spectacular but still got the bragging rights for the day.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    90 yards on a raccoon with my Marlin bolt action 22, into his eye.

Back in the day, before the state of TX got into our bidness, us country boys killed critters and sold the furs. I regularly shot coons in the eye, because: 1, I could, and 2, you got more for the fur that way. I still remember the first time I did it, the fur buying lady looked everywhere for a bullet hole in that coon.

"trap him?" [surprised]

"nope. shot him in the eye."

"you're shitting me?"

"nope."

"Its an extra $3 for each one you bring me like that."

"yes maam." [me with a shit eating grin]

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    10 shot group roughly the size of a baseball with iron sights at 500 yds, Marine Corps qualification range, hey I can be proud of that.

That's pretty good. What did you shoot that day? The best I ever did on the kd course was 243.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    40mm grenade on a point target Crazy Ivan at 400 meters with east to west wind while stationed at Ft. Carson. For those who know the M203 range you know the target group I am talking about.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    'yotes are fair game after dark, no?

I don't know about now, but 25 years ago on the South Plains, you were encouraged to eradicate by any means necessary both them and prairie dogs. I'm told now, the farmers are asking the same treatment of hogs. "Don't worry about accidentally hitting my farm equipment, if you see a hog, shoot it" kind of thing.

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    I was shooting by the trinity river, lots of us shot there, people with full autos also went there to shoot. I seen lots of cool shit, like a m60, hk mp5sd, etc. There was a metal tank hung on the river bank where the river bends about 400 yards out. When you hit the metal, it makes a loud gong sound, a second or two later. I consitently hit it with scoped rifles, but couldn't with open sights. I shot a guys polytec m1a at it (open sights, standing) and hit it on the first shot. Everyone was amazed that I hit it, but it was pure luck.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    310 yards on a whitetail. Storm blowing in hard, 15mph felt wind (25 actual), at a full trot. Perfect shot placement, dropped like a rock and plowed into the dirt.

a693481f-2aa5-df6f.jpg

A couple weeks ago I dropped a hog on the run, at night, 200 yards with an SPR, offhand shot to the brain.

a693481f-2ac4-604d.jpg

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Plenty of shots &gt;1400 yards with .338 LM that ring my steel targets, but the kill shots are the ones that I always remember. Hopefully soon I'll push a mile...

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i was pinned down under enemy fire - the battle of Mei Big Lie

bullets zipping all around me....i raised up my head over the sandbags just enough to get a look thru the bottom half of the rear iron sights...i could see my foe charging - he was probably 750 yards away - maybe more, maybe it was a mile - i dont know, it seems like a foggy memory

i squeezed the trigger and dropped him right there....

seriously - out on the rifle range during my active duty days - we were qualifying and the range NCO had nailed some half silhouette targets for NBC fire - my friend and I were in our fox hole - and waiting on some body to qualify for a third time - we were given some rounds to burn rather than take them back to the arms room - so we had a contest - "hit the nail on the head" - the one holding the silhouette

i left a half moon shape in the head and bent the crap out of the nail - dropped the silhouette.......

the doe i took in Nebraska last November - 210 yards from an elevated blind - the doe was on a down hill slope - i put that round right thru her lungs......i thought that was a pretty damn good shot

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LAKRAMER1211
    Top Bottom