• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    No Glocks for me ... I've been carrying a Kahr PM9 in a DeSantis Nemesis for several years ... disappears in a cargo shorts pocket, which is about all you can wear in Texas in the summer anyhow ... Kahr is an excellent weapon, well-made, accurate for its size and I've had no failures of any kind since my first range trip, probably 1,200 to 1,500 rds ago ...

droc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Austin Area
    Both are good guns. Kahr has a interesting 'religious' history that makes me a little uncomfortable. My money won't go towards that kind of thing.

gamboolman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas - Retired
    I bought a Kahr PM-9 and ended up with refund.
    I went to G-26's after that for myself and wife and grown children.
    The Glocks are reliable and eat anything.
    For CCW the G-26 is the best gun for me and mine.
    thanks, gamboolman....

rz1988

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    I love the Kel Tec P3AT. It is tiny and reliable. I own 3 of them and have never had a problem. With the belt clip, pocket holster, or smart carry it is amazingly easy to carry. The LCP is new and apparently having some teething pains. I have heard many negative comments on the plastic Kahr's on the forum at usconcealedcarry.com

Falconsk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Sub Compact

I carry P2000sk with flat mag plates in Milt Sparks VMII. I use 12 round mags w/X-grip adapters when carrying in vehicle or at home.

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    Personaly I have a Glock 27 but it's more of a bed side gun than anything else. When it comes to carry, I'm more partial to a small lite weight snub nose revolvers. They just seem like an easier firearm to carry over all than something with a double stack magazine. I can stick my Taurus .38spl in my front pockets with ease but there is no way I can do that with my Glock 27. As for carring inside my pants, I have to wear a slightly larger pant size to carry my Glock with ease vs my Taurus using my standard size clothing.

slow944

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    I carry the Kahr MK9 everyday in a pocket holster. Most people don't even notice I have anything in my pocket. Very accurate gun and mine came with 4 mags and a couple of holsters. Just one of the many reasons I bought it.

gamboolman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Spring, Texas - Retired
    G-26. Reliable and will eat anything I feed it. By far the most reliable of my pistols.
    I tried a PM-9, not reliable.
    My Berretta 92 is way to big.
    My colt mustang is small but I prefer the 9mm and the 11 rds of the G-26
    1911's are well 1911's - my opinion is that Glocks are more reliable - that is my opinion and I do not intend to start a Flame War I apologize in advance to JMB
    I have tried quite afew pistols.
    I carry for CCW, and I carry Glocks
    Whatever you choose to carry, practice alot and get real confident that whatever it is will go bang when you really need it no matter if you have been working in the hard sweating all over it, jogging in the rain, and have not cleaned it the last time you shot at the range...:eek:

GGarcia187

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I have 3 so called "carry" guns. Ruger LCP, G26, and a Kimber Ultra Carry 1911 in a 45. By far my favorite carry is the G26. It feels solid, conceals pretty easy (In the pants holster) and it shoots great! From my experience with the G26 I highly recommend it.

BluHog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Ellis County
    Both are good guns. Kahr has a interesting 'religious' history that makes me a little uncomfortable. My money won't go towards that kind of thing.
    OK... new guy here. I read this message, went to Kahr's site, read the corporate bio they have posted, came back, read the rest of the posts here looking for a hint as to what this is about and... I still don't get it.

What is the deal? Is it about that guy named Moon? Is he related to the Korean Marry-em-by-the-hundreds Reverand Sun Myung Moon or something? Can someone give me a brief run-down or a URL I can use to read up on this? I would really prefer to buy American so I'd like to know more about this.

Thanks!

kville79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2008
    Austin
    OK... new guy here. I read this message, went to Kahr's site, read the corporate bio they have posted, came back, read the rest of the posts here looking for a hint as to what this is about and... I still don't get it.

What is the deal? Is it about that guy named Moon? Is he related to the Korean Marry-em-by-the-hundreds Reverand Sun Myung Moon or something? Can someone give me a brief run-down or a URL I can use to read up on this? I would really prefer to buy American so I'd like to know more about this.

Thanks!

He's the son of "Korean Marry-em-by-the-hundreds Reverand Sun Myung Moon"

WIKI does wonders for knowledge expansion

BluHog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Ellis County
    He's the son of "Korean Marry-em-by-the-hundreds Reverand Sun Myung Moon"

WIKI does wonders for knowledge expansion
    Thanks! Yeah, I use Wikipedia from time to time but I wasn't sure what to search for. "Moon" would've yielded tons of stuff, I thought.

And thanks, too, to the guy who added that some of the money goes to the Rev's "church." Guess I'll scratch "Kahr" from my list.

perchjerk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    ive got to give a vote for the pringfield xd subcompact in 9 or 40. i have a bitone in 9 and i love it. to me it feels much better than a glock, very reliable, very accurate for a sc, and is a blast to shoot, and very reasonably priced!

Elcolorado

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    Leadville, CO
    I guess I'm just a stick in the mud kind of guy. 1911 all the way. I do have a SA Micro Compact but I need to get some work done on it and shoot it a lot more for me to be ready and confident to carry it. For now I'll stick with my Kimber Eclipse Custom II (5" barrel). I'm 5'5" tall and 160 lbs and as far as I know I've never been printed. I have about 2000 rounds through it now and not one hiccup. It's carried in a VMII holster and rides very well. I'm also a firm believer in the .45 to do what I hope to never have it do. If I'm going to carry, I'm going to carry what I feel most confident in, both in function and reliability. For me the reload time for a wheel gun is too slow (probably cause I don't own one and don't practice, but I'm willing to bet most people that I can load 8 faster then you can load 6 in your wheel gun) and many of small sub or ultra compacts out there concern me with reliability. A Glock is just to dang ugly to carry, even concealed (I believe the ugliness seeps out somehow), plus none of the double stacked .45's have ever felt right in my hand. And I'm a 100% believer that bigger bullets make bigger holes.

So I'm guessing that this doesn't help someone looking for an subcompact. ;)

ShelbyV8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2008
    A Keltec P3AT stays in my pocket all the time. If it is cool enough for a cover garment I may also carry 9mm, 357sig, .40 .45 or 10mm just depending on my mood.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom