• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Beto would be running for President in 2020 no matter what. If he had won the Senate seat he might not have been the choice of those in control the the Dims for 2020 but he would have tested the waters. In 2024 he would have been front and center for the Dims.

Now that he's a loser he pretty much HAS to run in 2020. He no longer holds a Congressional seat and if he doesn't run in 2020 he's going to fade from view. Though he's going to have to make a choice in 2020. Go for Cornyn's seat or run for President.

If I had to lay odds I'd say he shoots for Cornyn's seat in 2020 with an eye to running for President in 2024.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Beto wouldn’t last long in a debate with trump

You act like debates matter anymore.

My guess is most people have pretty much decided who they will vote for in 2020 already.

Hillary was a horrible candidate and extremely unlikable to pretty much everybody. Robert Francis is closer to Obama. Smooth talker with zero substance. O proved that substance didn’t actually matter.

I don’t know how it would go. Beto would loose the “I’ve got a vagina too” vote, and the “look, I’ve got the same color skin” vote. But he would be knee deep in the hipster vote. Add that too the “trump is mean” vote and I don’t think it will be an easy fight for either one.

But I’m not sure the Dem party will back Francis when he is so low on the intersectional totem pole. He has to somehow get more victim points than Harris and Spartacus. Spartacus looked like an idiot though and is probably not going to make the final cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    While most probably don’t care, I definitely do. Trump may be a lot of things but stupid isn’t one. Beto would get destroyed and made to look like a fool. He’s not mature enough to play this game with trump. If Hillary was bad, Beto will be worse.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Big Green,

How do you feel about PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP??

yours, satx
    I like Trump. I voted for Sen. Cru in the primaries, however.

Do I like everything he does? No. Do I appreciate the way he governs rather conservatively? Yes. I also understand his methods, though I don’t agree with them.

I do hope the GOP learns some things from him. I’m glad we are the more reasonable party but sometimes it has hurt us when being only a little more forceful, not obnoxious, would have done us well.

I will vote for him again in 2020 as well.

For many years I have wanted someone to take us towards a more extreme right. Not because I want that but the pendulum needs to be hit hard that way to bring us back to a more reasonable position.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    While most probably don’t care, I definitely do. Trump may be a lot of things but stupid isn’t one. Beto would get destroyed and made to look like a fool. He’s not mature enough to play this game with trump. If Hillary was bad, Beto will be worse.

I wouldn’t describe Trumps debate style as mature.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I wouldn’t describe Trumps debate style as mature.

Well true what I mean is Beto isn’t mature enough to know how to not make himself look like a fool. I agree, trump is not mature but you have to be mature to debate someone like that and calm. Beto isn’t. He would walk right into trumps hands.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!

My guess is most people have pretty much decided who they will vote for in 2020 already.

Hillary was a horrible candidate and extremely unlikable to pretty much everybody. Robert Francis is closer to Obama. Smooth talker with zero substance. O proved that substance didn’t actually matter.

I don’t know how it would go. Beto would loose the “I’ve got a vagina too” vote, and the “look, I’ve got the same color skin” vote. But he would be knee deep in the hipster vote. Add that too the “trump is mean” vote and I don’t think it will be an easy fight for either one.

But I’m not sure the Dem party will back Francis when he is so low on the intersectional totem pole. He has to somehow get more victim points than Harris and Spartacus. Spartacus looked like an idiot though and is probably not going to make the final cut.

As if they ever did, for me anyway!

Top Bottom