Patriot Mobile

Better not go jogging in Austin anymore...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    If you guys keep on with this kind of talk, you will be reprimanded by the admin and this thread will be locked.

Two friends were murdered recently and it gripes my butt to see such poor allocation of LEO resources. That situation was also an over reaction to what amounts to a trivial offense.

I've been an excellent member for years, courteous and respectful to all. I've NEVER been reprimanded or banned. I stated my opinion, honestly, factually, it was directly on topic and it was accomplished without profanity.

If you disagree with me and that will get me banned.............let's get it on. I really don't need to be here.

Flash
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I'm not naive enough to think that this is an isolated case nor all cops are bad cops.
    I'm not naive enough to think the jogger didn't know what she was supposed to do nor that she didn't thumb her nose at authority.
    This is a clear-cut case of two alphas butting heads, win at all cost mentality.

Some people seek out confrontation and others run from it.

What happened to middle ground and mutual respect?

THAT is what bothers me most.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    If profanity isn't allowed then why is the forum "profanity filter" an option... and why do I see so much of it in other threads? If indeed profanity is against forum rules then a moderator should let me know and I'll curtail it. Too, the profanity filter should not be an option because it only creates confusion. If profanity, without vulgarity, is allowed and some members are offended by it then: 1. turn on the profanity filter in your options and 2. ask moderators to adjust policy.

Again, whomever deserves to have their wrists slapped... I hope it's done so with the same respect they offered the other party.

Last edited:

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    If you guys keep on with this kind of talk, you will be reprimanded by the admin and this thread will be locked.

Two friends were murdered recently and it gripes my butt to see such poor allocation of LEO resources. That situation was also an over reaction to what amounts to a trivial offense.

I've been an excellent member for years, courteous and respectful to all. I've NEVER been reprimanded or banned. I stated my opinion, honestly, factually, it was directly on topic and it was accomplished without profanity.

If you disagree with me and that will get me banned.............let's get it on. I really don't need to be here.

Flash

I don't know if you caught my sarcasm. You are gentleman and a scholar.
    100% agree with your post.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Hey....To lighten things up a little, I think we just found where APD assigns guys who messed up.

In our prison unit, Officers who ticked off the brass were assigned to "Picket 4", a security picket out in the middle of nowhere where nothing happened and there was nothing to do.

The APD "Jay Walking Patrol" is probably what the department uses as a punishment detail. On the funny side, the guys on THIS particular detail will probably be peeling potatoes for a while!

Flash

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    If APD can spare a bunch of cops to go after joggers, they can spend a day or two rousting gang bangers in the projects.

Because they only have 12 cops so if 4 of them are out doing one thing everything else is ignored!

I don't get how people can't see how illogical this attitude is. They have cops who roust gang bangers, heck they have a unit that only does gangs, that doesn't mean they don't have officers that do, and should do, traffic. Out of 35 tickets and warnings issued they only needed to chase one. Did any of the people you've seen ticketed have to be chased down? Then so what? Did they start cursing and refuse to give the cop their name? So why try and pretend the situations are somehow equivalent?

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    If APD can spare a bunch of cops to go after joggers, they can spend a day or two rousting gang bangers in the projects.

They do. Regularly. There are specialized units, including specialized vehicle, bike and pedestrian enforcement units as well as focuses for the different beats.

Not sure why you're inferring they don't...

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    " the woman had a direct line of sight to an officer in front of her trying to stop her. An officer ran beside her and grabbed her after yelling at her to stop several times, he said.
    Stephen used profanity when speaking with officers, leading them to handcuff her, according to the chief. At that point, she sat down of her own accord, went limp and refused to provide officers with her name. Only after being placed in the back of a police car did she provide her name, Acevedo said."

Seems like she did everything she could short of a physical attack to make the situation worse. And as far as the whole "Sting" thing. Personally I get it. Have you been in the area? Idiots just walk out in the street running back and forth slowing traffic and being a real PIA. Austin has a real issue with pedestrian involved accidents. So I can see them working the area at times. 7 citations and 28 warnings. That was their activity on that day. 7 out of 35 is hardly some trap or sting.

“Thank you, Lord, that it is a controversy in Austin, Texas,” Acevedo​(Chief) said Friday. “That we actually have the audacity to touch somebody by the arm and tell them, ‘Oh, my goodness, Austin police, we’re trying to get your attention"
    Yep i worked right around the corner from there for a year or so and jaywalking is terrible around there. The students dont give a shit and makes it a damn nightmare to drive besides the narrow streets and tons of traffic. For once I dont think APD was doing something wrong. Sounds like another spoiled brat got busted. So glad I no longer have to deal with that area.

Top Bottom