Texas SOT

Better not go jogging in Austin anymore...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Headphones in her ears, no ID because she's running. She ends up in handcuffs & arrested? Cop must have been concerned that she was concealing a weapon somewhere? A harsh reaction should be expected, especially by a female when grabbed from behind & man handled while committing bloodthirsty shit like exercising.
    Clearly Austin needs to raise the PDs hiring standards & those with cop man crushes should learn to be a little objective. I don't see anything in the video or the witness statements that doesn't point to anything other than a dip shit bully that caused an easy, routine incident to greatly escalate.

And I don't see anything in the pics that show them doing a thing wrong. Your assumptions aside all we see is the girl crying and saying see didn't do anything wrong after she was already handcuffed. Big shock, but sometime people who are absolutely guilty say the same thing. Noe the vid doesn't show that she did anything wrong either but being a woman doesn't mean you don't have to tell a cop writing you a ticket your name. You shouldn't be"unarrested" because you start to cry and the police are allowed to detain you headphones or not.
    Texas SOT

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    " the woman had a direct line of sight to an officer in front of her trying to stop her. An officer ran beside her and grabbed her after yelling at her to stop several times, he said.
    Stephen used profanity when speaking with officers, leading them to handcuff her, according to the chief. At that point, she sat down of her own accord, went limp and refused to provide officers with her name. Only after being placed in the back of a police car did she provide her name, Acevedo said."

Seems like she did everything she could short of a physical attack to make the situation worse. And as far as the whole "Sting" thing. Personally I get it. Have you been in the area? Idiots just walk out in the street running back and forth slowing traffic and being a real PIA. Austin has a real issue with pedestrian involved accidents. So I can see them working the area at times. 7 citations and 28 warnings. That was their activity on that day. 7 out of 35 is hardly some trap or sting.

“Thank you, Lord, that it is a controversy in Austin, Texas,” Acevedo​(Chief) said Friday. “That we actually have the audacity to touch somebody by the arm and tell them, ‘Oh, my goodness, Austin police, we’re trying to get your attention"

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    And I don't see anything in the pics that show them doing a thing wrong. Your assumptions aside all we see is the girl crying and saying see didn't do anything wrong after she was already handcuffed. Big shock, but sometime people who are absolutely guilty say the same thing. Noe the vid doesn't show that she did anything wrong either but being a woman doesn't mean you don't have to tell a cop writing you a ticket your name. You shouldn't be"unarrested" because you start to cry and the police are allowed to detain you headphones or not.[/QUOTE

You're not putting my assumptions aside, you're putting the witnesses statements aside.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    How would you react if you were moving along, minding your own business, thinking you were doing nothing wrong, and Officer Friendly grabs you from behind with the You WILL repex mah Ahhthorytie attitude?
    Think you would mind?

175551.gif

Sounds like she ran into a polite one lol

Really though she was caught j-walking and had head headphones on. What was the officer supposed to do? Its not like the officer proceeded to whip her ass after she pushed his arm away, which i agree is a natural reasonable response to being grabbed from behind. I think she was just attention whoring hoping to get out of a cheap ticket honestly.

Last edited:

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    No that was a different incident, just a humorous point that havin him just grab her arm aint to huge a deal. Sorry for the confusion.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    You're not putting my assumptions aside, you're putting the witnesses statements aside.

Nope because almost all of them didn't see crap until the woman was in handcuffs. Not one bit of anything I said is contradicted by the witnesses. They just don't wanna see someone they can relate with arrested.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Really though she was caught j-walking and had head headphones on. What was the officer supposed to do? Its not like the officer proceeded to whip her ass after she pushed his arm away, which i agree is a natural reasonable response to being grabbed from behind. I think she was just attention whoring hoping to get out of a cheap ticket honestly.

I figure that she just didn't feel like she had to bother and that the cops should just F off. She learned different if that was the case.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Agreed. Jay walking is not a huge deal either.

Till it causes a wreck or gets somebody hurt or killed.

But hey, I'm sure she had important shit to do so **** traffic laws, right? How dare the cops approach her in a reasonable manner.

This shit has gone full retard. Idiots watch a video on YouTube saying "they can't make you" blah blah blah. Then some poor dumb ads tries it without actually knowing the law and gets arrested for being a jackass. Then a bunch of people on the Interwebs throw a shit fit saying the person was arrested for jay walking.

Nope, they were arrested for being a dumbass.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo

Im sure some here think hell froze over with me sayin this but I pretty much agree. She did braek the law, j walking does cause accidents, and simply grabbin thr arm of someone oblivious to verbal attempts is not some massive abuse.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've had two friends murdered recently and I'm comforted to see how LEO's are assigned to protect us. No shxt, a sting setup to catch Jaywalkers and a physically rough arrest of a friggin' jogger.

First.............WTF! Aren't there any killings in Austin that need investigation? How are the dope sales going in town?

Second.......Isn't there anything MINOR anymore? Everything is a BFD and if you aren't locked stepped and marching in the majority, you're a criminal. WTF!

Spare me the "picking on cops" drill. I'm just flat sick of this crap!

Flash

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    "They planned to ticket a jogging woman, and ordered her to stop. But she was wearing earbuds and couldn’t hear them.
    The officers chased the woman down and grabbed her arm from behind. Not knowing what was happening, the woman pulled away from the officer. This meant that she was resisting, and the woman soon found herself sitting on the ground in handcuffs.
    Local man Chris Quintero watched the incident from a coffee ship window, and was irritated by the police officers’ behavior. He snapped a picture of the woman during her arrest."

This is the part that bothers me as I run with ear buds. I would not have expected to be grabbed from behind and my natural reaction would have been to pull away. According to the witness, this is what she did and was immediately thrown to the ground, handcuffed and charged with resisting. The officer overreacted, turning a very minor infraction into an arrest. Why is this news? Because the officer handled it very poorly.
    She was jaywalking for god sakes. The officer saw that she didn't hear him, how do you not expect her to react when blindly grabbed from behind? The Chief of Police said she found herself in cuffs because she cussed? Forget that the officer had to have told him that and that it directly contradicts what the witness said he saw, do we want to arrest people for cussing? Or jaywalking?
    The officer handled the situation poorly, that's why it's news and why we're talking about it.
    That is all, good day Sir! :)

Read more: Cops arrest jogging woman because she couldn't hear them

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I gotta agree with roger4314 on that. A big police operation to target jaywalking??? Isn't it great that the APD has managed to catch all the murderers, rapists, and gang-bangers in town so now they can focus on trivial crimes!

I'm not entirely blaming the cops. The reality is that there's MONEY to be made for the city by running operations like this. A lot of college towns are like that - You can't get in or out of College Station without driving past a DPS officer running a speed trap. If the APD was just trying to improve public safety, they could have warned people that they could be ticketed. They could have talked to the girl in question and let her go, or just take the chance on getting the right info and not worry about an ID. But the cops weren't given any leeway; they were no doubt sent there to make sure the city extracted some cash from the public - better still if they can extract it from visitors and students so the voters won't be upset.

Plus, it's Austin. Everything in that town seems to work upside down. I would be willing to warn anybody going there to pack some bottled water, 'cause there's something crazy in the local supply!

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    I've had two friends murdered recently and I'm comforted to see how LEO's are assigned to protect us. No shxt, a sting setup to catch Jaywalkers and a physically rough arrest of a friggin' jogger.

First.............WTF! Aren't there any killings in Austin that need investigation? How are the dope sales going in town?

Second.......Isn't there anything MINOR anymore? Everything is a BFD and if you aren't locked stepped and marching in the majority, you're a criminal. WTF!

Spare me the "picking on cops" drill. I'm just flat sick of this crap!

Flash

Best quote of the stream. Are you going to sit back and accept this kind of ego driven crap from people that shouldn't be cops?

Top Bottom