• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I always thought I was having trouble with the OEM Glock sight style because I could never get my Glock 19 to shoot good and tight. I was always getting good clean breaks and I could call the shot right at the center, but it'd be off to the left or right, up or down. I half wondered if the gun itself had a problem.

I installed a 3.5# disconnector which didn't really help much. It made the trigger lighter, but it didn't help the groups any.

Then I won a Trijicon contest online and got some of their night sights for free. Got the sights, installed them, and then I went to make sure that I got the sights on straight. I fired three rounds at 15 yards off hand in a 1" string (almost touching), directly in the middle, exactly the point of aim.

Fast forward to the meet in San Antonio where I could get some good daylight practice.

DSC_0626.gif

That's 15 rounds. Shots are a bit left, but that's all me.

I really like my beater Glock now. It's amazing what some good sights will do ... and not only that, but they are bright at night! Perfect for my defense pistol.
    Venture Surplus ad

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    yeah, my next purchase is a good set of sights for my ultra II. The sights that come on it are blacked out sights which I have never understood. They should at least put some white dot sights on there. I'm blind enough without having to aquire a sight I can't see because they are black....I'm looking at some Novaks since they have a low profile sight that might work better on a CC gun.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    That's my biggest complaint about out of the box Glocks. The crappy plastic sights. When I bought my G19, I had a set of Meprolight Tru Dots put on which the gun shop did while I filled out the paper work. Worth every penny.

Nice shooting.

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    nice shooting Texas
    congrats on the cheap sights :) j/k

I removed my OEM sights from my G19 and installed Tru-Glow. They work day and night, and help me as well.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    I ordered some TruGlo TFO's for my new G27 and hopefully they will get here soon. Its hard to beat a great set of sights, especially when you need them...

BG

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    I've got Truglos on an XD, Trijicons on another XD, and Mepros on an Ultra. All are different and have decided the Mepro have to go. Gonna put Truglos on the Ultra and see what happens. You are proof that sometimes it IS the sights. Good shooting.

Top Bottom