• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Friends,

As some here know, I'm a long-serving election judge & just this PM, I talked to a senior staffer with Bexar County Elections & she said that, "We NEED at least FIFTY more trained/qualified people to serve as Election Judges, by this Fall."

To be an Election Judge, you need only be a currently REGISTERED VOTER in Bexar County, complete a four-hour training class, pass a multiple-choice exam & then select a precinct that you would like to serve as an EJ/EO.
    (In most cases, you can be assigned to serve in your own neighborhood, if you wish.)

Election Judges are paid currently 12.oo per hour & we typically work 4-6 days a year.
    (For example, in the Mayor's election, I was paid 157.oo for that one day.)

IF any of you would like more information OR would like me to help you get scheduled for the next Judge's Training Class, PM me & I'll try to help.

yours, satx
    ARJ Defense ad

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Southpaw,

While you technically are "assigned" by The Directress of Elections, in MOST cases you get to "pick your spot".

yours, satx

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    When will Bexar County ditch the electronic voting machines and go back to paper ballots?

I have no confidence that my votes will be correctly recorded.

When I buy a hamburger, I get a receipt for what I bought.

The voting machine gives me no receipt that my vote was counted in favor of the candidate for whom I voted.

There is NO WAY to know how the software was vetted as impartial to all candidates, nor do we have confidence that the electronic votes cannot be manipulated during the electronic vote count.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    shortround,

NO paper ballots again, ever. - At least imVho, as they are NOT secure & cannot be made more secure.
    (The simple fact is that FAR too many people would have to be "crooked" for anyone to "mess about with" the results on a machine.)

FWIW, I actually AGREE with you on "receipts" but NOT on your/my vote having issues with being "properly recorded". = The system that Bexar County uses is VERY secure
    (Certainly more secure than a quick-cash/ATM machine.)

I foresee, before too long, that we will be ordering NEW/modern machines for the county that WILL "spit out" a paper copy that you can SEE & READ for "a secondary check on accuracy"
    (These current machines are "getting old & tired".)

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To ALL,

As of today 25JUN15, we now NEED at least SIXTY more Election Judges, just in Bexar County, by this Fall's election.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    BIGPAPIGREG,

NOPE. "Aging out". = At 68YY, I'm one of "the younger generation of judges", according to the county's Directoress.

ONE of the former judges, as of last election, was 91YO & has recently retired, as he now has "some difficulty when walking" BUT is still "as sharp as a tack", mentally.

yours, satx

Top Bottom