Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I do t think it can.

He will probably sign some EO which will get smacked down by the scotus, he will still get a political win with his followers for trying.

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    whats an executive order going to do? reinstate the old ban?

I don't know. Biden said "There are executive orders, executive action that can be taken. We haven’t decided what that is yet. .."

They might go thru Congress, but Biden is saying this is on the table also.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    whats an executive order going to do? reinstate the old ban?

It'll do whatever the hell he decrees.

We are well past the rule of law. It's the law of the jungle, might makes right, the law of africa now.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 gave the kenyan no authority to require reporting of long gun sales, only handguns, yet he did it anyway and the courts have yet to do a damn thing about it.

Bend over and welcome to zimbabwe.

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    I do t think it can.

He will probably sign some EO which will get smacked down by the scotus, he will still get a political win with his followers for trying.
    Yes, the scotus today would probably stop such a thing. But one more Kagan or Sotomayor type and they can totally undo the past interpretation of the 2nd amendment.

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    Executive Orders do not bypass Congress, They are actually already approved by Congress.
    OK, I meant that Congress doesn't have to approve the gun ban, not that the congress agrees that the president has such executive order power.

Obama doesn't want to risk losing Democratic seats in Congress. This would happen if they voted against gun bans. So Obama can simply do this with executive order, and keep all of his little Democrat minions!

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    OK, I meant that Congress doesn't have to approve the gun ban, not that the congress agrees that the president has such executive order power.

Obama doesn't want to risk losing Democratic seats in Congress. This would happen if they voted against gun bans. So Obama can simply do this with executive order, and keep all of his little Democrat minions!

There is very little he can do by Executively, mostly related to imported stuff.

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    Constitution of the United States
    Article. 1., Section. 1.
    "All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives."
    End of discussion.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't see gun prices going up anymore, at least not for Anything in the "assault weapons" category. Prices topped out, people stopped buying, the panic buyers already got what they wanted to get or can't afford to at the current pricing.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas

An executive order that violates the Constitution and Bill of Rights is not at order, it is however treason and reason for impeachment.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I don't see gun prices going up anymore, at least not for Anything in the "assault weapons" category. Prices topped out, people stopped buying, the panic buyers already got what they wanted to get or can't afford to at the current pricing.

+1. Last weekend at market hall I saw a lot of private sales being marked down, I guess all the credit card bills must be catching up. The people that could afford to keep the stuff they bought maxed out their accessory rails and are now turning to nfa items, my sales have skyrocketed this week. I must have sold 20 suppressors yesterday alone.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Constitution of the United States
    Article. 1., Section. 1.
    "All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives."
    End of discussion.

Correct, and when Congress passed a law which states:

f) Destructive device
    The term ‘‘destructive device’’ means (1) anyexplosive, incendiary, or poison gas (A) bomb,(B) grenade, (C) rocket having a propellentcharge of more than four ounces, (D) missilehaving an explosive or incendiary charge ofmore than one-quarter ounce, (E) mine, or (F)similar device; (2) any type of weapon by what-ever name known which will, or which may bereadily converted to, expel a projectile by theaction of an explosive or other propellant, thebarrel or barrels of which have a bore of morethan one-half inch in diameter, except a shotgunor shotgun shell which the Secretary finds isgenerally recognized as particularly suitable forsporting purposes;

Then the Executive branch can issues executive orders recognizing or not recognizing such.

Top Bottom