• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Radioman93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Texas
    Hmmmmm.... I didnt post twice. But I didnt remember the other thread on this board about it. Thought it was another board. All these Texas Gun Boards are starting to run together.

Radioman

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Tempted to go to find a second M&P Shield. But, I know I'd have to drive down early and get there when they open the doors. And, more than likely, there would be higher "in demand" prices for that gun." I'll just wait. Not worth 100 minute drive each way

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Hmmmmm.... I didnt post twice. But I didnt remember the other thread on this board about it. Thought it was another board. All these Texas Gun Boards are starting to run together.

Radioman
    Ummm, oops. I kinda meant Acera
    You were collateral damage ;-)

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    They still charging $15 to park at the Reliant? Deal killer for me (if the three-hour drive each way wasn't bad enough). We went a few years back, ended up picking up a stock basic Mosin 91/30 as otherwise I would have felt the fool for driving all that way and coming home empty-handed. I've heard this show can being either great or suck badly, I guess we were unlucky enough to experience the latter...

Cheers! M2

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    They still charging $15 to park at the Reliant? Deal killer for me (if the three-hour drive each way wasn't bad enough). We went a few years back, ended up picking up a stock basic Mosin 91/30 as otherwise I would have felt the fool for driving all that way and coming home empty-handed. I've heard this show can being either great or suck badly, I guess we were unlucky enough to experience the latter...

Cheers! M2

O.K. Now we don't disagree as much as others might think.

I went there a number of years ago, and to my chagrin, a Houston Sam's Club sold gasoline with "minimum" 10% ethanol, long before that stuff was jammed up our A$$es here in SA.

WTF?

When they charged $15 for parking, I almost turned around and headed for home.

Got inside the HGCA show, and promptly got lost in the maze of tables and aisles.

Saw some familiar vendors from our SATX shows, and they all had higher prices than in SA.

Do Houstonians have so much more disposable income than we?

I departed for home not having bought anything. But I did get some free NRA and TSRA decals.

Hit some heavy rain on the way home, so I got a "free" car wash.

Found some good eats in Schulenburg, too.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    It usually a good show, this time it was not quite so. Glockster, its' not senility, just feel I have to tell some folks it more than once, LOL. Not necessarily only talking about you, but.................well.................maybe I am.

firefree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Crosby
    After parking, admission, and full retail prices, once again I choose the established stores around town. When I talk and listen to the people trying to steal from me at a gun show I feel dirty. Like I just got a sales pitch from a criminal. If I pay to get in, I want a deal or 2. Gin up a bit of desperation about obama and the gun shows suddenly double their prices. Thats not free trade thats just assholism. They have the right to be assholes and I vote with my feet.
    Sales interaction at gun show.
    me; this is nice.
    gs; if your not gonna buy it put it down.
    me; I might want it can you do a bit better on the price?
    gs; thats the price. Put it down.

Oh yeah, let me pay for this kind of fun.

Top Bottom