• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    I saw this posted on another forum. I thought it held a powerful message. Thought for a few minutes about where to put it:
    Politics to show how important the 2A is.

Hunting because it involves that.
    Decided here was the place. 1911, Sig_Fiend, move it if you want it someplace else.

Steve

World's Largest Army

In WWII, Japan's highest ranking naval officer was Isoruku Yamamoto.
    Although he was Japanese, and his loyalties were unquestionably with The
    Empire, he studied for many years in America, graduating from Harvard
    University. There is an oft-repeated (and sometimes disputed) quote attributed
    to him regarding the possibility of any nation taking a war to American soil:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle
    behind every blade of grass."

Here is why he was correct:

America's Hunters. The World's Largest Army.

The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season without
    someone getting killed. That's great, considering there were over 600,000
    hunters that got permits this year.

Allow me to restate that number.

Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world - more
    men under arms than Iran; more than France and Germany combined - deployed to the woods of a single American state to keep the deer population under control.

But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of
    Pennsylvania this week. Michigan's 700,000 hunters have now returned home.
    Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia, and it is literally the
    case that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest
    army in the world.

And that is just FOUR states.

The total population of registered hunters in America today ranges from
    23 million to 43.7 million individuals. (Based on annual data provided by
    the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.)

As long as the American Hunter retains his right to Bear Arms, America
    will forever be safe from foreign invasion of troops.

Hunting - it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of
    national security.
    DK Firearms

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Respectfully,

How many of those hunters ever had a game animal shoot back?

I'm sure a few hunters have a military, LE, or public safety background, but most never did or ever will.

I don't see "RED DAWN" happening when the citizens of several sovereign States have already surrendered their right to bear arms beyond hunting and plinking at stationary targets.

To repel a foreign invasion requires national resolve, something we have not been shown willing to do even with illegal immigrants.

We are being invaded daily and not one hunter I know gets up on his deer stand and takes a shot at one of those invaders!

Nor should he!

Call, write, or e-mail your TWO Senators and ONE U.S. Representative. Your voice is the ammunition we need to turn back the invasion of illegals and the many OTMs that seek to do us harm.

tx787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Austin
    Private arms ownership in America is a significant part of our sovereignty as a nation, that's what our founding fathers intended. I don't like how hunting has become the primary reason for the 2A to many people. Hunting is great, and there are a lot of great people that are strong 2A advocates and hunters, but there are a lot of hunters in Europe who can't and wouldn't even defend their home with their hunting rifle and people here with the same mindset. I see the large number of regular people who own arms to defend their homes being a much better indicator. Plus all those evil black rifles bought every day.

I think/hope/wish that there is an unspoken agreement amongst firearms owners, especially in Texas, that if we ever need to defend our homeland we will work together, or at least the all the AK people will work together and all the AR people will work together and the lever gun guys can freelance.

The chances of needing this degree of action are very slim, but it could happen in our lifetimes, or our kids or grandkids, it always has in the past and there's no reason to think it won't happen in the future. I'm not an alarmist or a survivalist or a ninja but I'm not a revisionist either, I know the history of our country and previous fallen empires.

I do worry about the lack of backbone we are seeing with people these days, it's troubling at the least.

Top Bottom