Bill James (The Arms Room) Estate auction on Jan. 19 at store.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    For those interested, some of the guns in the estate of Bill James will be auctioned off on January 19, starting at 10:00am at "The Arms Room", 3270 Gulf Freeway South, League City, TX 77573.

Many of you know that he was, until his death, the owner of The Arms Room gun store/range and a longtime member of the Houston Gun Collectors Association. The auction is for many of those guns in the private, not for sale, section of the store. It was kind of a museum of old military rifles that he had collected and allowed the general public to view.

The items will can be viewed trough the following link. Please be warned, some of the descriptions may not be accurate and the word "clip" is used many times when "magazine" would have been more appropriate. (So matefrio, take you blood pressure pills before clicking below ;))
    Items For Sale At Auction - Personal Gun Collection of Bill James/Arms Room in League City, TX

Don't worry about me being there and taking your dream rifle out from under you. First some idiot scheduled it on the same day as the big HGCA gun show at Reliant Center. They want a $100 deposit just to get a chair. There will be a 10% buyers premium and a $35 transfer fee on the sales. Many of these guns were at the last HCGA show and did not sell due to being marked well over market value IMHO.

Check out what they are calling a machine gun heat sink in the above link....................you would think that they would use someone with a clue about guns to at least check the descriptions.:rolleyes: (I think it's a expended casing from a M40 recoiless rifle, LOL, but wonder what you guys are thinking.)
    ARJ Defense ad

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Didn't know that Bill James died. I did some business with him just after he opened the Arms Room and they used to go to the Pasadena shows. Thanks for the information.

Flash

BIG PRADA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Texas City,TX
    IMO all the guns there are marked up and their transfer fee is to high. Seems like your bothering the staff and being rushed when your there. They do have a nice range and its close to my house.

montydrei

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houston
    Ooh, an Inglis Hi-Power complete with stock. I wonder if it's been registered as an SBR. That'd be a bit of a pain to transfer...

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Ooh, an Inglis Hi-Power complete with stock. I wonder if it's been registered as an SBR. That'd be a bit of a pain to transfer...

From my understanding it does not have to be, it's a C&R. I once had a broomhandle the same way that was legal without the stamp due to it's age and being original parts (not reproductions). So if you can buy it and immediately take into the range and check it out with the shoulder stock.

Top Bottom