• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    What actually incriminates someone is them doing something criminal. Obey the law, no need to be paranoid about a bill of sale.
    No, folks commit crimes all the time and are not caught.

Evidence of a crime incriminates criminals and written records signed by the defendant are very persuasive to juries.
    Lynx Defense

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    No, folks commit crimes all the time and are not caught.

Evidence of a crime incriminates criminals and written records signed by the defendant are very persuasive to juries.
    Yes such written evidence of a crime that has been committed is persuasive - so thanks you just made my point. Do not commit a crime in the first place, then there will be no evidence of a crime, at least unless there is a miscarriage of justice. So as i said, in sum & substance, had the person not committed a crime - no problem. So why would someone have a problem with a bill of sale if that person did not commit a crime relative to a bill of sale?

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    Yes such written evidence of a crime that has been committed is persuasive - so thanks you just made my point. Do not commit a crime in the first place, then there will be no evidence of a crime, at least unless there is a miscarriage of justice. So as i said, in sum & substance, had the person not committed a crime - no problem. So why would someone have a problem with a bill of sale if that person did not commit a crime relative to a bill of sale?
    The point is that a BOS may be used against you to show that you committed a crime under new regulations that the ATF is pushing. If you sell a gun with even a one cent profit you may be committing a crime unless you are a FFL.
    This is just another Biden administration attack on gun owners to make honest people into criminals. Of course you can sell guns at a loss all day I guess. My dad's Python cost I believe $170 so I guess I can sell it for $169 and not be committing a crime. Not for sale guys.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    How do you know you did not a committ a crime when you bought/sold that gun and did a BOS?

Do you even know all the possible crimes that come into play? No nobody does not even DOJ. Hence why they have a research team to see what they can apply.

When you did the deal, did you check you were not within 1000 ft of a school? Did you check to make sure the gun was legal? The buyer legal? Do you even know all the things that can make the deal illegal? Do you know if 922r applies?

Are FRTs legal today? Bump stocks? Braces? 80% receivers. Regs are changing at a rapid pace nobody can really keep up.

Law abiding gun owners are getting charged with obscure gun crimes every day.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Oxygen depravation. You should get your head out of…… the sand get some 21% in you.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm a mustard guy when it comes to leftover ham sandwiches
    I like hot ham steaks with mustard and grape jam on the side. Alternate the two condiments. Absolute heaven.

And a BOS for a private sale is ill-advised, IMO, based on the arguments I've read on this board over the last decade.

Top Bottom