• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdlott74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Plano, TX
    My husband and I are taking my mom and her bf to the Stockyards when they come in town. My husband has his CHL and knows that he can not carry if a business derives a huge percentage of their business from alcohol, BUT does that pertain to a certain time of the day (night and evening), or is that all the time? The reason I'm asking is we were considering going into Billy Bob's and know that yes they do let you in when they open, and 2) sell alcohol during the day, but not sure if that pertained to just as night and evenings when it is normal business hours and most of the people will be buying alcohol.
    Military Camp

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's "all the time." Floore Country Store in Helotes is a honky-tonk at night, but a restaurant during the day. But since they derive 51% or more of their revenue from the sale of alcohol, you cannot conceal carry in there at any time.

It sucks, but there it is.

Cheers! M2

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Billy Bobs IS a bar and you can NOT carry there.

I'm inclined to agree on the basis of their being a bar, but I've seen lots of places I presumed would derive over 51% of their revenue that, in fact, did not - and therefore are not posted "51%" - which is why I suggested callin' 'em.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Bars are required to post these signs by the entrance:
    51percent.jpg

Some places might place it behind the bar instead. If there is no sign and it turns out the business is a bar you get a defense to prosecution.

Top Bottom