Capitol Armory ad

Bipod, charging handle from Ground Zero Precision. Quick review.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    So, I went and visited a friend of mine.
    A forum sponsor.
    AR-15 guru.
    Spent some money at his shop.
    This post will focus on the Trinity Force adjustable bipod, https://www.groundzeroprecision.com...able-height-bipod-6-2-8-7?variant=51002015700

and the Black Dirt Rifle ambidextrous charging handle. I can't post a link, because it's not available online yet.

Let's get the bipod stuff going.
    20180304_174741.jpg
    (Disclaimer, first and foremost. I'm not a bipod snob or expert, but I've shot with some and have an idea of functional vs junk)
    This is a solid bipod for the money. It took a little tweaking to get it level and find my happy spot. Once I got comfy, it holds there. If I want cant, I have to work for it.
    For the price, it's a winner. Rubber feet only, no spikes. Comes with picatinny rail adapter. If you have trouble getting level on the first mount (I did) spin the rail adapter 180. After that, easy to level and solid.

Now on to the BDR ambidextrous charging handle.
    20180304_174856.jpg
    Switchblade15.
    I won't divulge much about the naming of this unit. It'll be clear enough soon.
    I can't tell you the price either. It was sent with me as a test.
    I always figured a charging handle was a charging handle.
    I shoot rifles left handed. I grab a charging handle easily with my left hand. Middle finger naturally hits the release. No biggie. Right?
    Not so.
    This thing is like a greased pig compared to milspec.
    I mean, the grip is secure, but the uncoupling and rearward stroke is like butter.
    It's damned sure worth a look once it's on the market.

Thanks for reading
    Guns International

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Let's get the bipod stuff going.
    View attachment 132504
    (Disclaimer, first and foremost. I'm not a bipod snob or expert, but I've shot with some and have an idea of functional vs junk)
    This is a solid bipod for the money. It took a little tweaking to get it level and find my happy spot. Once I got comfy, it holds there. If I want cant, I have to work for it.
    For the price, it's a winner. Rubber feet only, no spikes. Comes with picatinny rail adapter. If you have trouble getting level on the first mount (I did) spin the rail adapter 180. After that, easy to level and solid.

How would you compare it to the Atlas?

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Let me know if you find any information on when it is to be sold. I'm looking to shitcan my current setup on my Sig716 and get something a bit more stable for the bipod. Wonder if they make a charging handle that would fit my Sig or if its just AR-15s only.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Let me know if you find any information on when it is to be sold. I'm looking to shitcan my current setup on my Sig716 and get something a bit more stable for the bipod. Wonder if they make a charging handle that would fit my Sig or if its just AR-15s only.
    Bipod is available, at link in OP.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Now on to the BDR ambidextrous charging handle.
    View attachment 132505
    Switchblade15.
    I won't divulge much about the naming of this unit. It'll be clear enough soon.
    I can't tell you the price either. It was sent with me as a test.
    I always figured a charging handle was a charging handle.
    I shoot rifles left handed. I grab a charging handle easily with my left hand. Middle finger naturally hits the release. No biggie. Right?
    Not so.
    This thing is like a greased pig compared to milspec.
    I mean, the grip is secure, but the uncoupling and rearward stroke is like butter.
    It's damned sure worth a look once it's on the market.

Thanks for reading

I need an ambidextrous charging handle to clear a scope on one of my AR's. Any idea when these might be available?

Top Bottom