• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Should I bother putting a bipod on the Marlin M25 or just use a rest?

I'm a cheapskate so I don't want to spend more on a bipod than I have in the rifle ($100).

Recommendations?
    Guns International

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I'm all about cheap. The walmart Bipods will do the job. They are not bad. Ive had three. Never had one break or bend. Legs stay put...And if it breaks, take it back to Mr Walton. The pods at walmart are just rip offs of the early, low end, harris jobs.

There easier to carry then a bag rest. Which I would consider some of the wife's spandex pants, leg cut off, filled with sand, zip tied closed.

If you want ghetto, but works with a little rigging. Camera tri pod. Most have a universal screw on the mount. Just rig up a platform to set the rifle on. I found a huge one at Goodwill. Made in japan. Three section legs. You can stand up with it. But it gets shaky that high. But sitting next to a tree, lowered to the second section legs. It works all day long. Works badass sitting in a chair.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I'm all about cheap. The walmart Bipods will do the job. They are not bad. Ive had three. Never had one break or bend. Legs stay put...And if it breaks, take it back to Mr Walton. The pods at walmart are just rip offs of the early, low end, harris jobs.

There easier to carry then a bag rest. Which I would consider some of the wife's spandex pants, leg cut off, filled with sand, zip tied closed.

If you want ghetto, but works with a little rigging. Camera tri pod. Most have a universal screw on the mount. Just rig up a platform to set the rifle on. I found a huge one at Goodwill. Made in japan. Three section legs. You can stand up with it. But it gets shaky that high. But sitting next to a tree, lowered to the second section legs. It works all day long. Works badass sitting in a chair.

I thought about a Walmart one, I've heard that they were okay, and it's not like it will have to deal with much recoil.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I thought about a Walmart one, I've heard that they were okay, and it's not like it will have to deal with much recoil.

The biggest pain any of them ever gave me. Was I had to loctite the nuts on the leg bolts. Walmart by Hutto, closed out the winchester pods, now they stock blackhawk stuff. It's only like $5 more. It looks the same, but has a big knurled bolt knob for the sling bolt attach thingy.

Hell, buy one, try it, if you don't like it.....shove it back to walmart. It's the American way

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I went the cheap Walmart route. This is the gun I gave my son, so it's kind of a test platform for me. I like this gun, but I plan on getting something else for myself soon.

IMAG0694.jpg

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I've seen some 'how-to' videos on that and I definitely want to learn how, but if I'm going to compete in the rimfire challenge then I want it very stable.

If you want stable you better get a rear bag to compliment whatever you're using to stabilize the front. Otherwise, you're chasing your tail.

Top Bottom