• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Black Aces, anyone have any experience with their receivers or shotguns?

I purchased two of their receiver kits.......

80-black_aces_c814b4c14bd10333de79d354a3c369bc0903462b.jpg

Pro Series Receiver Retrofit Kits
    Transforms a standard shotgun into a pump action, magazine-fed tactical weapon. Receiver Kit includes all the parts, tools and instructions to replace the receiver and internal components to allow a Mossberg 500/590(A1) or Maverick 88 to accept readily available Saiga 12 magazines (5, 8, 10 and 12 round sticks or 12 and 20 round drums). Each kit includes: 2014 T6 receiver machined out of one solid billet ; 4140 CrMo steel extended receiver bolt; 17-4 hardened stainless steel bolt slide and extended firing pin; 6061 T6 large latch and latch bridge; special feed ramp, raised follower and steel feed lip kit; type III Mil Spec hardcoat anodizing on all aluminum; custom stainless steel solid pins/hardened steel latch pin; Nickel/Boron/Teflon coating on the steel components.

Black Aces Tactical Shotguns

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    So that is a brand new receiver (serial numbered part) that has never had a stock or a barrel on it, correct???

If so, we need to find a ffl with a SOT who can make some pistol griped versions with short barrels. $5 transfer stamp :)

($200 if you make it yourself :( )

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    So that is a brand new receiver (serial numbered part) that has never had a stock or a barrel on it, correct???

If so, we need to find a ffl with a SOT who can make some pistol griped versions with short barrels. $5 transfer stamp :)

($200 if you make it yourself :( )

Yes Sir, you read my mind. Thinking Serbu on steroids....

We started a Sister Company called Fulton Ordnance LLC that is a Type 07/Class II SOT Manufacturer.....One of our TGT Members here has been instrumental in getting us through the applications/legal process (Thanks Sean). We have our Licenses and are finishing up the new building...

If anyone has any experience with the Black Aces products, please chime in......all comments are welcome, though...

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Bought one last month. Got around to messing with it a few days ago.

I figured it would make a nifty "rule bender" 3gun shotgun, a great 8" entry gun build, or just be easier to load than a thumb buster.

Ahem.

The bolt assembly seems soft. The receiver was out of specification in several dimensions. And it does not feed from anything but a heavily modified magazine. The replacement follower (to get the last round to feed) was expected. Having to cut the hell out of the top of the SGM magazine was unexpected; replacing the metal lip on a factory (five round) Saiga magazine with their (included) lip made it feed two rounds; putting five in the magazine caused the (replacement) lip to deform and spit shells out like a enraged Pez dispenser.

I was annoyed enough after half a day messing with it to put it aside and spend the rest of the day cleaning 40-year-old Chinese knock-off Cosmoline off a SKS instead.

I have been known to build a Saiga or two; I am fairly familiar with the magazine system and will take another crack at modifying a SGM mag to work (since those actually lock in place without excessive force...unlike the factory 5-round mags).

Seems like someone dropped off their marginally functional one-off to a CNC job shop and had them duplicate it in sub-par materials and then ship it as a finished product.

Or I could have got a bad receiver set. But I suspect the former.

Alex

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    So with this device we are trading a stacked tube with 7-10 rounds for a magazine with a similar capacity? Aren't there problems with the plastic mags bulging the rounds and locking them up inside?

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    I have mags that hold 23 rounds. The problem is spring compression, not sidewalls :)

With magazines, you can set up a 10" gun with a 20 round drum. Trying that with a FuddGun(tm) gives you a cross between a shotgun and a deep sea fishing pole.

Top Bottom