• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Got 6 boxes of .45 acp from the Gander Mountain in Spring around 6 pm. They said they sold 20 of the Bushmaster AR, and gave out 10 rain-checks on them in the first 45 minutes.

Looked at the last of the .22 single action cowboy revolvers Academy had in Humble about 4 pm, it sold as I was leaving. They were out of the sale ammo, hence my trip to GM.

Arnutzz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Florida
    I've been building my AR's for a while and cant get enough of collecting them. I found some great pricing on a lot of products at Tactical Gear Group - Premiere Online Distributor

Surefire Tactical Lights

great pricing

Aimpoint: Tactical Gear Group - Premiere Online Distributor

Viking Tactics: Tactical Gear Group - Premiere Online Distributor
    the vtac version of the troy rail is my favorite

AR-15 Complete Uppers: Tactical Gear Group - Premiere Online Distributor
    best prices I could find on Noveske and Adams Arms

http://tacticalgeargroup.com/ar-15/m...3-flash-hider/
    picked up 2 of these

Bi-Pods: Tactical Gear Group - Premiere Online Distributor

Elzetta Flash Lights: Tactical Gear Group - Premiere Online Distributor

Trijicon Scopes
    trijicon great pricing

They aren't advertising holiday deals but they seem to have the lowest prices so that works for me..enjoy

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    got a complete 16" M4 with quad rail 2 piece hand guards for $500 at JSEsurplus. They lasted about 4 hours and then they were sold out.

Best AR deal I have ever seen.

Custom 16" M4 1x7 Moly 5.56 4 Rail HG Surplus Ammo 4 Pos Rifle Complete - Limited time special.
    My $500 AR got here today....SWEET! newar.jpg I will report further after I shoot it.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Yahoo, postlady delivered a box of love my way also. Did not think I was getting it today.

PC120164.jpg

Can't wait to get it unpacked and get this finished this evening. Lower is almost all done with my pre-purchased and upgraded parts. Just got to unwrap this stuff, put the upper together and hit the range tomorrow for barrel break in, and zero in the EOTech.

Wow, nicely packaged. Everything Looks Great!!

PC120166.jpg

Uh, seems a, a, a, lot less than what I was expecting.............................:confused:
    Ok, where is that blasted invoice...........................:1zhelp:
    That Upper has to be in here somewhere!!??.
    Yeah, here it is on the invoice, with all it's associated parts............
    .F$%#, They forgot to pack the D*#% Upper! ...............What do you mean, you think you know what happened? Ok, thanks I will expect your phone call tomorrow morning after you do some research. At least I got to talk to a real person this evening on the phone. Just hope it does not take another 2 weeks for the rest of this kit to come in!!:banghead:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Got a follow on email today from them. They claim three people inspected the box before it was shipped and everything was in it. However they will be getting me one out the door today. Got into the LPK last evening, and it was missing the spring for the buffer retaining pin, damn. I fully understand that that was probably a complete package they get from Rock River, and they had nothing do do with it missing the spring. Requested that in my reply to their email. Also asked for an expedited shipping on the upper, really would like to get this gun running before the weekend. The fully chromed Rock River BCG looks good. Holding off a full recommendation of JSE Surplus until everything gets made right. I will say Dawn has been easy to get in touch with, and very nice on the phone.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I got an complete upper From JSE surplus too. everything is in place. I will report after I take it to the Range this weekend.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Got a follow on email today from them. They claim three people inspected the box before it was shipped and everything was in it. However they will be getting me one out the door today. Got into the LPK last evening, and it was missing the spring for the buffer retaining pin, damn. I fully understand that that was probably a complete package they get from Rock River, and they had nothing do do with it missing the spring. Requested that in my reply to their email. Also asked for an expedited shipping on the upper, really would like to get this gun running before the weekend. The fully chromed Rock River BCG looks good. Holding off a full recommendation of JSE Surplus until everything gets made right. I will say Dawn has been easy to get in touch with, and very nice on the phone.
    It sucks when orders get fouled up like that. I have had great luck with them in the past and they are always easy to talk to on the phone. I am betting they will make it right.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    My "Black Friday" deal has finally been delivered and finished.

Got the missing upper today, and the last of the ordered parts. Did not take long to get everything together.

DPMS: Lower
    MagPul: CTR Stock+large recoil pad, MOE Handguard, MOE Pistol Grip, Angled Fore Grip, Trigger Guard,
    Rock River: LPK (used a few pins and springs), Chrome BCG
    Chip McCormick: Trigger
    Anti-Walk Pins
    Matech: Rear BUIS
    YHM: Front flip down sight/gas block, Phantom flash hider
    EOTech holographic sight with ARMS quick release
    Over sized mag release and charging handle latch
    Single point sling attachment back plate.
    etc.

PC200175.jpg

PC200174.jpg

PC200176.jpg

The ARMS quick release raises the optic enough that I can't co-witness the sights, so the EOTech must come off before using the irons. Now I just need to get a range trip and break in the barrel and zero all the sights. Then a through cleaning to get all the smudges, pesky excess anti-seize and greasy fingerprints off.

Top Bottom