• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    What am I missing here? People force themselves out of food coma and go out into the night to fight hordes of other people, so they can buy stuff which is available all the time at similar prices on the internet.
    Hurley's Gold

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Chicks like to shop, that's no secret. Get a bunch of them together on turkey day talking about sales and it morphs into black Friday.

Kind of like the sales tax holiday before school starts. It makes no sense to get that worked up over 8%.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    My wife buys the hype. She saved $100 on a computer and around $50 on a couple other items, so it was worth it to her. I will wait for cyber monday. My goal is to buy everything online this year.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    just came back from WM in Pleasanton....bought 51" tv and a laptop and all the stuff in the doorbuster ad was plentiful. So much for buying everything online.....but there was no crowd and the clerks were helpful. I was shocked.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    just came back from WM in Pleasanton....bought 51" tv and a laptop and all the stuff in the doorbuster ad was plentiful. So much for buying everything online.....but there was no crowd and the clerks were helpful. I was shocked.

I can't believe you ae in, folded into temptation of shopping in person. Now, you must give m your tv...lol

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    waiting for all the stories of people getting shanked, stabbed, & or shot from Houston/Dallas area to come out... in other news I ordered two stripped lowers from Palmetto State Armory ~57.65 each with shipping & insurance...

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I went to Walmart at 9:50 PM last night thinking I'd be OK, got there and no parking anywhere, evidently they started at 10:00 PM. A couple hundred people inside, but I got to skip ahead the lines since I wasn't waiting for the deals. In and out in 10 minutes, just a hassle to park.

I will admit that I took my G19 and 3 spare mags just in case. Wasn't going to chance it with the mouthbreathers.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Great price on the stripped lowers. I went to Academy this morning around 10am, and they still had the door buster guns. I didn't buy any because I already have similar guns. The $99 22lr single action was tempting, but I doubt I would use it much. They were pretty with nice blueing. The only reason I stopped in was there was plenty of parking, and no large crowds. I couldn't find anything I could justify buying though. I really need a good mower, but sears and Lowes were packed, so I thought f*ck it, I'll pay an extra $50.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I think all the freaks were there at midnight last night. If you werent aware it was black friday, you would never have guessed from my WM. I walked up to a whole aisle of TVs that were stacked out on the floor. Every single one from the door buster sale was available. An associate was right there and I asked for a flat cart and he was back in 5 minutes. I asked a manager that walked by if they had the $198 laptops from the ad and he went in the back and brought me one. 15 minutes and $800 later I was on my way home.

I think the BF shoppers are like vampires. Once the sun comes up they all scatter back to where they came from.

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    I went to HEB for groceries on Black Friday... there may have been more employees than shoppers. BEST TRIP EVER!

Other than that, I was shopping the internet like the other sane people in this thread.

Top Bottom