Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    9rojdk.gif

speedracer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    houston
    It would be nice to find some place to have black powder shoots.It's hard to do this at a regular range because of the short fire time.:usflag:

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    It would be nice to find some place to have black powder shoots.It's hard to do this at a regular range because of the short fire time.:usflag:

Better if you can get folks to take a day off at the same time and meet up. Go to a range during the middle of the day when it's relatively empty. I've gone during the weekday a couple times and there were maybe 3 or 4 other people on the range. Either that of if we could meet some place out in the country where someone has some land. BP shooting is fun if you get to take your time and shoot at your own pace.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Now that I FINALLY found some caps, I'll probably start shooting my 1860 again.

What size? The walmart I work at has them in the fall. Only number 11 though. They work for 10 if you squeeze them a little.

You can bring them to Hicksville. Had fun with my pistol there.

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Just bought a CVA Optima .50cal a few weeks back and shot it a couple days ago. Thing is a beast and fun as heck to shoot.

-PAK-

And where you could take an AR or AK to the range and easily blow through hundreds of rounds, BP slows you down a LOT. It would take months to crank off that many shots with a BP rifle. Or even a revolver.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    And where you could take an AR or AK to the range and easily blow through hundreds of rounds, BP slows you down a LOT. It would take months to crank off that many shots with a BP rifle. Or even a revolver.

Exactly why I like it. It takes forever to load so I don't shoot as much and save $$$

It's a win-win in my book.

-PAK-

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Whatcha talkin' bout Willis? Save money?!?!?!?!
    First comes the rifle. Then the cap&ball revo. Then the flintlock. Then the pirate pistol. Then the..............
    HAHAHAHA

I'm a po' ol' college student. I can't afford another gun so I'll just settle for going to the range once a week and shooting a total of four rounds through the .50 each time I go :asniper:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom