• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I have killed 30 Black Widows in the house in the last 3 days, this is getting really old. Anyone know of a way to get rid of them and keep them from coming back? I have never seen this many Black Widows before and they seem to be everywhere.
    Gun Zone Deals

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Best spider killer I've used is Demon WP (or WP Demon). Even worked great out here in the woods and on boats stalls. WP stands for wettable power so after it dries it leaves a noticeable white residue, I might have over mixed it though.

If the white would bother you there is a liquid alternative that is essentially the same active ingredients I beleive is named Viper. Local feed store or pest control supply is where to find these.

I can't think of the name but there was a pest control/pool supply house on Bissonnette at either Chimney Rock or Rice that carried these. The did have more than one location so maybe one out your way somewhere. Best of luck.

Found it:

Solutions, Ken
    713 666 5666

Termitehunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    San Antonio
    I agree with Glockster69. The WP is good for prevention in corners, and voids. But a non repellent powder needs to be applied to the web directly. The Black Widow stays on the web so that is where you treat to get exposure. Delta Dust is another good one.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Sounds like an egg sack hatched in your house. Probably lots more still around. Bug bomb inside, Bengal Gold outside around the perimeter to prevent reinfestation. It's marketed toward roaches, but it kills spiders just fine.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Move and burn your house down. There is no other way.

Seriously though, just get some pest control out there, god only knows how many of them filthy bastards there are. We have our place done monthly and we NEVER find anything in our place.. except for the tarantula that found its way in somehow last week...

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    xGXZI.png

pewter99ta

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Texas
    I use Demand Cs around the house (inside and out). It kills spiders better than anything else I've tried and dries clear so there's no visible residue. It also lasts for several months. Just be sure to keep kids & pets away from the areas you spray for the first 24 hours.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I picked up some aerosol from tractor supply that has seemed to reduce their numbers but it didnt completely get rid of them. It was one of their generic brands.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I feel your pain cause I hate the damned things!

Walmart spray cans drop them like a rock so that's what I use if they're in the house. Another post told about my secret weapon. Lizards. This was a rice field once so crickets and spiders were found in abundance. When I started to buy plants for around the house, lizards came with them. Spiders and crickets are gone! I love my little lizards!

Hey, James, when I went dirt biking in the desert at Belin NM, I had a big tent that we pitched on this crazy lady's property. That nut caught Black Widows and put them in her house to control bugs! I was glad that I had the tent to stay in. People do that as a natural bug control and it may be why you have so many spiders. Personally, I'll stick to my can of Raid.

Flash

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I feel your pain cause I hate the damned things!

Walmart spray cans drop them like a rock so that's what I use if they're in the house. Another post told about my secret weapon. Lizards. This was a rice field once so crickets and spiders were found in abundance. When I started to buy plants for around the house, lizards came with them. Spiders and crickets are gone! I love my little lizards!

Hey, James, when I went dirt biking in the desert at Belin NM, I had a big tent that we pitched on this crazy lady's property. That nut caught Black Widows and put them in her house to control bugs! I was glad that I had the tent to stay in. People do that as a natural bug control and it may be why you have so many spiders. Personally, I'll stick to my can of Raid.

Flash

You bought the lizards from like a pet store or something like that?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Flash You bought the lizards from like a pet store or something like that?

No, they were in the plants that I brought home from Home Depot and Lowes. I have lots of Sago palms and I think they rode home with the palms. The lizards seem to love those.

Once they started multiplying, the spiders and crickets were history! I had thousands of spiders and webs all over my house exterior. There was one spider type that made a brown web house about the size of a dime. The damned things were all over the exterior of the house like polka dots. I looked yesterday. There was not ONE of those spider houses and not one web anywhere on my house. Crawly things that actually got into the house (usually from under the doors) are 99% reduced! I've seen ONE cricket this year. That's down from thousands of the little bastards all around the house!

I used to poison all around the foundation and under the doors. I had many different types of poison and I switched them every so often. Haven't done that in years, now. The lizards are called "Anoles" and here's what the Wikipedia says about them:

"Anoles function well as a native pest control as they will eat spiders, cockroaches, and other bugs and most will run from humans when possible, but some are aggressive enough to try to bite an imposing hand."

Here's the Wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polychrotidae

They are the spider and cricket "eatingest" critters ever and do 100 times better than poison.

GO LIZARDS!

Flash

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    If you go the exterminator route we use a Traxx setup and it works well if you see something after they spray the inner and outer perimeter they come out for free to respray.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom