• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Hey guys I know it's last minute, but if anyone is off I would like to go to Blackhawk shooting range this coming Monday or Tuesday, if anyone would like to come just let me know and we can figure out a day/time.

$8 per gun + 1 target Incl.
    0900-1800 7 days a week
    Address:
    12135 Jarratt Rd
    Atascosa TX 78002

This is my regular shooting spot and I thoroughly enjoy it here.

"Prepare yourself for the future,with what you've seen in the present"
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Gonna bump this

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I thought it was a pretty nice range, until a fellow to the right of us walked past the firing line to discharge multiple shots from his pistol and continued to do so until he was about five yards from his target.

He was oblivious to the shooters on his left who were taking aimed shots with an M-1 Garand and an M-1 Carbine!

I'll not condemn the range since we were not the ones in danger.

When we checked out, I mentioned the event to the lady behind the counter, and she said the range trusted the customers to be be safe.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    I thought it was a pretty nice range, until a fellow to the right of us walked past the firing line to discharge multiple shots from his pistol and continued to do so until he was about five yards from his target.

He was oblivious to the shooters on his left who were taking aimed shots with an M-1 Garand and an M-1 Carbine!

I'll not condemn the range since we were not the ones in danger.

When we checked out, I mentioned the event to the lady behind the counter, and she said the range trusted the customers to be be safe.

Wow, that's crazy, I have never seen anything like that, the most I've seen is someone start shooting while your checking your target on the opposite side of the pistol range, that pisses me off and if done more then once I'm an asshole and yell "cease fire" really loud, and give them a dirty look.

Like today when I went there was 3 young adults out there and they were just blowing away ammo, I don't even think they are aiming. 1 girl and 2 guys.. Pretty sure they were just showing off. Kind of annoyed me.

Tremors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    San Antonio
    I agree with the danger. I been their twice. The first time was a bunch of yahoo's on the left side of the range would walk up to their targets while we were shooting on the right side. The second time there was some dude and his old lady all dressed in tacticool gear yelling instructions to everyone. They would walk up and get into your face while trying sight in, they would to give advice to the each shooter only to watch them shoot (now that was the real joke). So good luck and have fun.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    I agree with the danger. I been their twice. The first time was a bunch of yahoo's on the left side of the range would walk up to their targets while we were shooting on the right side. The second time there was some dude and his old lady all dressed in tacticool gear yelling instructions to everyone. They would walk up and get into your face while trying sight in, they would to give advice to the each shooter only to watch them shoot (now that was the real joke). So good luck and have fun.

I really like the range, and there is a younger guy that works there and if you have any issues, he will go talk to them. I hate the bullet hole, so between the two because they are close and convenient I go to black hawk. I wish I had the funds to open an indoor range, I would be rich.

Top Bottom