• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    The pistol range is set up with the targets against a berm and shooting positions on concrete paths (like sidewalks) set at 7, 15 and 25 yards. The issue is that for instance you might be shooting a 7 yards and another person at the target next to your my be shooting behind you at the 15 yard position. The picture is their (Google Earth) primary pistol range. There is a secondary that is similar. There's a rifle range and what appear to be private bays but may be for club shoots. I don't know because I haven't been there in years. The last time I was there they were cash only and charged per gun even if you aren't shooting them.

bh_zpsjx0v8hkn.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    If I remember correctly (it's been a while since I shot there), the range was divided by the center walkway and you could only shoot from one distance on each side. Still, it is a bit unnerving to see people in your peripheral vision while lining up a shot (i.e. people shooting from the 7 yard line on the right side while we were shooting from 25 yards on the left).

Regardless, I still felt much safer shooting there than the Bullethole. I still won't go back to that range, based on the numerous, unaddressed safety issues I experienced firsthand there...

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    If I remember correctly (it's been a while since I shot there), the range was divided by the center walkway and you could only shoot from one distance on each side. Still, it is a bit unnerving to see people in your peripheral vision while lining up a shot (i.e. people shooting from the 7 yard line on the right side while we were shooting from 25 yards on the left).

Hopefully they have done that. When my son and I went we were at seven yards and a bit later a guy arrived and was shooting at 15yards just a few feet to our right.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    It is an "old school" range where the shooters have primary responsibility for their own safety.

No range masters to heckle you as you progress through your drills.

We shot rifles, while a fellow just yards away practiced his pistol drills.

Even though he moved forward of our firing line, we never considered that we would shoot him.

It was weird, but good to go.

Darkeststarr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Texas
    I've Been a Yearly member for the last couple of year..good price..Prices.. Pistol range 7, 15, 25 yard ...Everyone has to be on the same line..It's where The Bexar county Sheriffs shot most of the Time. i don't like their rifle range, 100 yards only nothing less

Tremors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    San Antonio
    Its been a while since I visited that range. It was my first and last time. I had some wannabe cop trying to shoot behind me until it turned into a screaming match which I won. I let the management know and he shrugged his shoulders so I let him have it too. I have never been back nor do I recommended that range anyone I care about.

Top Bottom